My Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole is the perfect way to treat your family and friends!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you fun new ways to make simple Mexican style recipes that the entire family will enjoy. This overnight breakfast casserole is perfect for weekends, brunch parties or any day of the week.
Hope you enjoy!
Place your cubed bread into your baking dish.
Top with your cooked sausage.
Add the chopped green chilies.
Make sure they are even over top.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
To prepare the egg mixture, place 8 eggs and season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
Whisk in 2 teaspoons of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Whisk in your milk.
Slowly pour egg mixture over top of bread and cheese layers.
Top with chopped green onions. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until set.
Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro and cherry tomato halves.
Love having my favorite Old El Paso products stocked in my pantry for simple meals like this one.
Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 8 cups cubed crusty loaf
- 1 pound ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso diced green chilies
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer cubed bread, cooked sausage, diced green chilies, shredded cheese and chopped green onion into prepared baking dish.
- Place eggs, milk, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and smoked paprika into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and pour over bread mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- When ready, remove dish from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake dish for 45-55 minutes, until set. Before serving, top with cilantro and cherry tomatoes. Cut into squares.
Makes 12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.