This Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast or brunch recipe! Pop it into the oven when you wake up and breakfast will be ready in less than an hour!
Overnight Mexican Breafast Casserole
You are in for a breakfast treat with my tasty breakfast casserole!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you fun new ways to make simple Mexican style recipes that the entire family will enjoy. This overnight breakfast casserole is perfect for weekends, brunch parties or any day of the week.
Hope you enjoy!
How to Make a Mexican Casserole
Place your cubed bread into your baking dish.
Top with your cooked sausage.
Add the chopped green chilies. Make sure they are even over top.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
To prepare the egg mixture, place 8 eggs and season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
Whisk in 2 teaspoons of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning and your milk.
Slowly pour egg mixture over top of bread and cheese layers.
Top with chopped green onions. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until set.
Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro and cherry tomato halves.
Enjoy! Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming to Picky Palate!
Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- 8 cups cubed crusty loaf
- 1 pound ground sausage cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso diced green chilies
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer cubed bread, cooked sausage, diced green chilies, shredded cheese and chopped green onion into prepared baking dish.
- Place eggs, milk, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and smoked paprika into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and pour over bread mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- When ready, remove dish from oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake dish for 45-55 minutes, until set. Before serving, top with cilantro and cherry tomatoes. Cut into squares.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
These are the perfect way to start any day!
LOVE the thought of just popping this in the oven in the morning with no extra work!
This looks AMAZING. Mexican for breakfast is the best!
Now this is how you do breakfast!
What a great idea…Mexican for breakfast is genius!!
What a great idea! So great to wake up to this for breakfast
We are totally going to try this!
This is so smart and creative!!
Love this – easy Mexican casseroles! Yassss!
I need to serve this up for the family this weekend! Yum!