My Chocolate Chunk Pretzel Brownies are the perfect dessert to whip up for your family and friends!
Homemade brownies are one of my favorite desserts to create. You can add so many of your favorite ingredients to make new brownie flavors depending on your sweet tooth. They’re also so great for gift giving to friends and neighbors. They are sure to brighten up everyone’s day!
What a pleasure partnering with Eggland’s Best this year to bring you new recipes! I’ve used Eggland’s Best for years. I love knowing that Eggland’s Best eggs contain five times more vitamin D, 25 percent less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E, and three times more vitamin B12. Eggland’s Best’s superior nutrition is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E. In addition, independent testing has revealed that Eggland’s Best eggs have stronger shells than ordinary eggs, which leads to less breakage and helps them stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs.
I wanted to pass on the news that Eggland’s Best is searching for the most passionate egg fan, who also happens to have an eye for taking beautiful photos of their delicious Eggland’s Best dishes! Show how you celebrate the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality for the past 25 years! Submit your Eggland’s Best foodie photos by April 12, 2017 for a chance to win $5,000! All dish creations must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
Visit www.egglandsbest.com/foodtography now through April 12, 2017 and submit two mouthwatering foodie photos of your dish that includes at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories. You may submit up to two photos in each of the four categories: Brunch, Appetizer, Main course, and Dessert.
(1) Grand Prize Winner: $5,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
(4) Finalist Winners: $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
(20) Semi-finalist Winners: A year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
You can visit the Eggland’s Best website to find more information and official rules about the 2017 Eggland’s Best Foodtography Contest HERE.
To prepare the brownies, add chocolate chips to hot melted butter. Stir to melt chips.
Start adding your dry ingredients to the bowl.
Add your granulated sugar.
Add your brown sugar.
England’s Best eggs and yolk.
Add the oil as well.
Give a good stir and add chocolate chunks.
Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Top with mini marshmallows.
Top with mini pretzels and bake for 40-50 minutes, until baked through.
The hardest part of the recipe is being patient while they cool completely. Once they’ve cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
The marshmallow on top gets nice and chewy. The pretzel and chocolate combo is heavenly. Store any remaining brownies in an air tight container.
Chocolate Chunk Pretzel Brownies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40-50 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large Eggland’s Best Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 19-20 mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. You might have to put back in microwave for another 30 seconds to help melting. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add eggs and yolk and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Top with mini marshmallows and pretzels. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through.
Makes 9-12 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Eggland’s Best. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.