My One Hour Buttermilk Dinner Rolls need to be added to your next dinner! Simple, quick, soft and delicious!
Not sure how it’s already the middle of December! Anyone else kind of freaking out? Trying to relax, but there’s still so much to do right? One of these years I’ll get all of my shopping done and Christmas Cards mailed by now, lol.
I’ve been tinkering around with this recipe since right before Thanksgiving and I’ve finally got it how I wanted! I like quick fix, soft and fluffy. This is what you’ll get with these babies. You can either roll them in balls and place them side by side or knot them like I’ve done here. I’ve done it both ways and both are delicious. I will say these are best eaten within 2 days. After the first day, warm them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so.
Glad to get it to you before Christmas dinner. Hope you enjoy!!
Not only great for the Holidays….I’ve been making these when we have soup night, spaghetti, roast in the crock pot. It’s such a great recipe for so many dinner recipes! Try these rolls with my soup recipes HERE.
One Hour Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
Prep time: 40 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon slices
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat over to warm, 170 degrees F.
- Place butter, buttermilk and water into a heat proof bowl. Microwave until butter is mostly melted and between 115-120 degrees F.
- In stand mixer with dough hook attached, place flour, sugar, yeast and salt, mix to combine. With mixer running, slowly add warm milk mixture. Increase speed to medium and let mix for 4-5 minutes, using a rubber spatula to scrape edges of bowl. Transfer dough to a lightly floured countertop. With floured hands press dough to a 1/2 inch thick rectangle, close to 9×13 inches. Cut into 12 equal squares and roll each piece into a long rope shape. Tie into a knot shape and place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Place into warm oven and turn off heat. Let rise in warm oven for 20 minutes. Remove rolls from oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. When preheated, place rolls in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, until just barely turning golden brown on top. Remove, brush with melted butter and serve. For best results serve warm. Store any remaining rolls in air tight container and gently warm up before re-serving.
Makes 12 Servings
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram and Snapchat! Find me on Snapchat: picky-palate.com
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.