This American Heritage Chocolate Tart is a chocolate lover’s dream come true! This simple and delicious dessert is perfect for Thanksgiving or any other time of year!
Chocolate Tart Recipe
Thrilled to be partnering with American Heritage Chocolate today to bring you a gorgeous recipe plus all kinds of fun news going on with them. Have you had their chocolate before? It is fantastic!
First off, let’s talk about this gorgeous tart. See recipe below.
American Heritage Chocolate Tart
- 6 oz block of chocolate American Heritage
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar or to taste
- 5 medium egg yolks or 4 large ones
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 prepared frozen pie crust
- 1 pinch salt
- Grate the chocolate into a bowl and set aside. Combine salt, egg yolks, rice flour and milk in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour all the cream and the chocolate into a sauce pan and heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugar and cook until both the sugar and the chocolate are melted.
- Take a quarter of a cup of the hot mixture and slowly add to the egg yolk and rice flour mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk, to prevent scrambling.
- Stir the warmed egg yolk mixture into the sauce pan and bring all the ingredients to a boil for about a minute. Set aside and allow it to cool to room temperature. While the mixture is cooling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the frozen pie shell, set it upon a cookie sheet to prevent spillage and bake for 40-45 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
How gorgeous is this American Heritage Chocolate Drink?! Oh my goodness, thick, creamy and fabulous.
The History of Chocolate
Chocolate is American History. It is more than just a food or confection. Chocolate reflects different groups of people, cultures and historical events throughout the ages, and allows us to share a common connection through time.
Mars Chocolate North America is dedicated to sharing chocolate’s fascinating journey through time–how chocolate was made, how it was used, where it came from, and what it tasted like throughout history.
Made with all-natural ingredients and no preservatives, American Heritage Chocolate is an artisan dark chocolate containing 63% cacao. Mildly spicy, and slightly sweet, American Heritage Chocolate is flavored with a blend of spices and ingredients available during colonial times, including cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, orange, anise and vanilla.
They offer Chocolate Sticks, Chocolate Bites, Chocolate Blocks and Finely Grated Chocolate Drink. They are sold at over 150 fine gift shops at historic sites and museums in the US and Canada.
For more information visit American Heritage Chocolate.
(April 16, 2015) Mars Chocolate North America is pleased to announce that American Heritage™ Chocolate—the company’s authentic historic chocolate brand—is expanding west and will now be available at the company’s iconic M&M’S World® store in Las Vegas. This is following the brand’s recent launch in the M&M’S World® store in New York City in November 2014. Chocolate lovers and entertainment enthusiasts from around the world will get to learn more about chocolate’s rich history and heritage as part of their M&M’S World® experience with American Heritage™ Chocolate’s permanent display on the fourth floor. A team of Mars Chocolate History Ambassadors will share hands-on historic chocolate making demonstrations complete with a sampling of American Heritage™ Chocolate today, April 16, from 9am-3pm PST.
This post is in partnership with American Heritage Chocolate, however opinions are my own.
This looks so rich and chocolatey — the perfect chocolate tart!
That chocolate tart looks so good!
Woah, this looks like legit fancy GOOD chocolate!! Need this pie now!
gorgeous chocolate tart JennY!
The pie, it looks so mouthwatering!!
This pie! I’m going to have to try that chocolate too!
So, would it be bad to eat the tart with a mug of the hot chocolate??? Chocolate heaven. Willy Wonka has nothing on these guys.
Beautiful pie! And that chocolate drink looks delicious: so creamy and chocolatey!
The chocolate drink and the pie looks amazing! I love chocolate!
This looks so rich and delicious! Perfect!
Wow, real hot chocolate 🙂