This Ancho Grilled Breakfast Steak Over Fried Egg and Beans is such a delicious meal. There are so many things about this dish to fall in love with!
Grilled Steak Over Fried Egg and Beans
I love fun Mexican dishes and this ultra flavorful breakfast dish hits the spot. You start with Bush’s Black Bean Fiesta beans layered with a fried egg and perfectly seasoned thinly sliced breakfast steak. Hope you enjoy!
Try my Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Baked Eggs too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Have you ever had a fried egg over beans? It’s delicious especially with thin slices of steak 🙂
Ancho Grilled Breakfast Steak Over Fried Egg and Beans
- 1/2 lb breakfast steak thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 large egg fried and seasoned
- 21 oz Black Bean Fiesta Bush's Grilling Beans 1 can
- Place steak, oil, salt, pepper and Ancho chili powder into a large zip top bag. Rub around to coat seasonings on steak. Let marinate for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Place steaks onto grill and grill for 2 minutes per side, until cooked through. Steaks are very thin, so just take minutes to grill. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place warm beans into a bowl and top with a fried egg and grilled breakfast steak. Serve immediately.
I think your quantity of eggs might be wrong. One egg for a 4 serving breakfast doesn’t sound right. 🙂
Also, what constitutes a breakfast steak? Is there a specific cut I should be looking for?
That looks awesome and so so so delicious!!!! Lovely breakfast I would say, something I would die having.
I think I need to make this again, it was too good!!
Yes, yes, and YES some more. I love the combo of eggs, beans, steak and heat via the ancho chile. Lovely breakfast dish!!
Such beautiful pictures!
Being from Southern California we are into Mexican food big time. I miss all my awesome Mex food here in Oregon so we have to make it ourselves. This looks like a little slice of home!
Not sure if I can finish this all for breakfast, but I might try it for a lunch!
I have been struggling with sweet breakfasts with this pregnancy, so this sounds just perfect!!
Now that is big time breakfast! Nice!