Sharing a favorite bagel bites recipe today! These Apple Cinnamon Bagel Bites make a quick breakfast or after school snack. They’re full of sweet spices and topped with oatmeal.
Making easy breakfast recipes is a must in my busy house of boys. These apple cinnamon bagel bites are packed with flavor and could not be more simple to prepare. I love to get the kids in the kitchen to help with this recipe. They can help cut up the bagels, slice apples and even help stir the egg mixture into the bagels. This is also a great recipe the kids can take to go when time is short in the mornings.
Cut apples into little cubes and add to hot skillet with melted butter.
Add brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
Pour apples over cut up pieces of bagels.
Pour in your buttermilk, one large egg, a splash of vanilla and pinch of salt.
Spoon bagel mixture into muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
Top each with pinches of oatmeal and brown sugar.
Ready to bake!
Soft apple cinnamon little bagel bites!
Love these! For more breakfast/brunch recipes see HERE.
Where Can I Buy A Muffin Pan?
You can find muffin pans at your favorite kitchen stores, Target, Walmart and always Amazon. Most muffin pans are 12 count, but you can get a large 24 count pan too. There are mini muffin pans, regular size and even jumbo size muffin pans. Check your favorite kitchen stores.
- 2 whole Whole Wheat Bagels split
- 1 large apple cored and thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cut each bagel half into 1/2 inch pieces and place into large mixing bowl. Core and slice apple, cut into small pieces.
- Melt butter into medium skillet over medium heat. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir and cook for 2 minutes then pour over cut bagels and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk, egg, vanilla and salt to bowl, stir to combine. Spoon bagel mixture into muffin tins about 3/4 full. Sprinkle each with pinches of oatmeal and brown sugar. Bake for 15-17 minutes until set. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before transferring. Serve room temperature.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.