My Baked Pumpkin Ice Cream Glazed Donuts are too good to pass up! Enjoy!
You are in for the ultimate treat with my Baked Pumpkin Ice Cream Glazed Donuts! I am trying to keep my composure while writing this intro. I am in love with these donuts, nothing else to say. Well, I will say more. They are soft, baked, topped with a sweet glaze and full of pumpkin spice and vanilla ice cream baked inside!
Now, don’t expect to take a bite and taste the ice cream. It is added more for a perfectly soft bouncy texture and vanilla kick.
Hope you all enjoy my donuts! Yay!!
Prepare The Donut Batter
Start with adding all of your donut ingredients to a large mixing bowl. I started with the flour 🙂
Keep adding….the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Bring on the sugar and pumpkin.
Add your egg next.
Add a touch of vanilla.
I added 2 Tablespoons of vanilla pudding mix, but have made the donuts without. I like the flavor and texture it brings, but if you don’t have it you can make without.
Add The Secret Ingredient!
Time for the ice cream! Oh yah!
Melt your ice cream for about 30 seconds until just melted and add right to the bowl.
Give her a good mix.
It’ll look just like this. Yum!
Use A Donut Pan For a Healthier Donut
Here’s the donut pan I used. It is by Wilton. I LOVE it.
Bake Your Donuts
Fill your donut pans and time to bake!
Prepare The Icing
When the donuts come out of the oven. Let them cool for 10 minutes then prepare the glaze. Powdered sugar and heavy cream.
Dip Your Cooled Donuts into The Icing
Take your cute baked donut and get it ready to dip.
Oh yah, this is my favorite part.
Soft, delicious and gorgeous!
Enjoy! For more Picky Palate Pumpkin Recipes click HERE.
Baked Pumpkin Ice Cream Glazed Donuts
Baked Pumpkin Glazed Donuts
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup ice cream measured before melting
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream you my need a couple tablespoons more if too thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar, pumpkin, egg, vanilla and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Place ice cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until just barely melted. Pour into mixing bowl and combine with other ingredients until well combined. Scoop batter into prepared donut pan (in batches if necessary).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- To prepare the glaze, place powdered sugar and cream into a bowl, whisking to combine. Add more cream if needs thinning out. Dip tops of donuts in glaze and serve!