These Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly crisp yet soft cookies that will bring a smile to everyone’s faces! It’s impossible to eat just one of them!
The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s another cookie recipe day! We all know those are my favorite days, lol! I could seriously create cookies everyday. One of my favorite things to do 🙂
I made these cookies extra large, but feel free to use a normal size cookie scoop if you’d like. If you choose to make a smaller cookie, adjust your baking time accordingly.
These babies do NOT disappoint. Enjoy!
For more Picky Palate Cookie Recipes click HERE.
How to Make The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the love of chocolate chunks!! Is there anything better? I think not 🙂 Chop a bloc of chocolate into gorgeous chunks. I like to get my bloc of chocolate from Trader Joes. It’s massive and under $5.
If you are not an oatmeal fan, you can leave it out of the recipe, however the texture of these cookies will be different. The oatmeal is a big plus, but try without, if desired.
Beauuuuutiful dough. This dough is phenomenal. You can freeze it for later uses as well.
I used about a 3 tablespoon size cookie scoop. Leave a good 2 inches if you bake large cookies like this.
Crispy around the edges, soft and chocolate magic in the middle.
Hope you enjoy!!
Tips For Making Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
*A silpat liner works great for these cookies. If you don’t have one find it at any kitchen store or even Target/Walmart. You can also use Parchment paper.
*Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container, room temperature for 2-3 days. Best if enjoyed first day.
*Find a great bloc of chocolate to use for your favorite chocolate chip cookies. Trader Joe’s is one of my favorite places to purchase mine.
Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating until well combined. Slowly add flour, oats, salt, baking soda and chocolate chunks until just combined. With a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown around edges. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Pin Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies