This Oatmeal Cookie Banana Bread is has a soft crumb, it’s packed with butterscotch chips, oatmeal and sweet banana with a cinnamon sugar topping. Doesn’t get much better than this homemade moist banana bread!
Moist Banana Bread
This oatmeal banana bread recipe is moist, soft, and has the perfect banana bread flavors with oatmeal and butterscotch chips in each bite. There’s something special about baking banana bread, warms the home with sweet aroma and it’s great for gifting to neighbors too.
What You’ll Need To Make Oatmeal Banana Bread
Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make this sweet moist banana bread recipe.
- Butter– I use salted butter for most of my recipes, unsalted works fine too. Make sure your butter is softened before starting recipe.
- Granulated Sugar– This fine white sugar gives the bread its sweetness.
- Bananas- Bananas that are overly ripe with black markings on the peel work best for banana bread. They’re soft and at their sweetest.
- Eggs– For consistency, use large eggs for my recipes.
- Vanilla– For best results use pure vanilla extract.
- All-Purpose Flour– All purpose flour is the main dry ingredient in the banana bread recipe.
- Quick Oats– Quick oats can be found in the cereal section of the grocery store.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda helps the bread rise during baking.
- Cinnamon– Ground cinnamon gives the perfect spice to the banana bread. It’s added to the top of the bread along with some sugar before baking too.
- Kosher salt– Kosher salt is a coarse salt commonly used in cooking/baking.
- Butterscotch Chips– I love adding butterscotch chips with oatmeal. Gives that oatmeal cookie taste!
How To Make Moist Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a loaf pan, 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches with cooking spray.
- Mash Bananas. Peel the overly ripe bananas, discard peel and with a fork, mash bananas. You don’t need to overly mash them. I like to have some larger chunks in the batter.
3. Start With The Wet Ingredients. Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in bananas, eggs and vanilla mixing to combine.
4. Add Dry Ingredients. Stir in flour, oatmeal, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, soda and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Add Butterscotch Chips. Add butterscotch chips to banana bread batter. Stir until combined.
6. Transfer To Loaf Pan. Transfer banana bread batter to prepared bread pan. Place cinnamon and sugar into a small bowl, stir to combine then sprinkle over top of banana bread batter.
7. Bake. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool completely then cut into slices.
Recipe Tips For Success
- Purchase bananas at the beginning of the week specifically for using for banana bread. Keep them on the counter until the peels are nice and black spotted.
- You can use frozen ripe bananas. Thaw bananas completely, remove any liquid and coarsely mash to use in the recipe. Don’t over mash bananas, it’s good to have some chunks throughout.
- For a banana nut bread recipe, add 1/2 cup chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts. They add a nice crunch and nutty texture in the bread.
- I like to run a plastic knife around edges of loaf pan to loosen the bread. Let the bread cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
- Use a serrated knife to slowly cut slices of banana bread. You may need to wipe knife clean between slices.
How To Serve Moist Banana Bread
Serve banana bread warmed slightly or room temperature. Try it topped with butter, it’s going to have you swooning. Banana bread is great for weekends, Holidays, and anytime entertaining. Such a versatile recipe that everyone seems to love.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover banana bread in a large zip top style bag preferably in the refrigerator.
How To Freeze Banana Bread
Freeze leftover banana bread loaf or slices in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. I like to do two layers of wrap. Place into a freezer safe bag or reusable container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw to room temperature before enjoying.
Other Favorite Banana Bread Recipes
- Heath Bar Toffee Chip Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- M&M Banana Bread
- Churro Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Oatmeal Cookie Banana Bread Recipe
- stand mixer or electric mixer
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 loaf pan
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch bread pan lightly with cooking spray. Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in bananas, eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Stir in flour, oatmeal, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, soda, salt, and butterscotch chips. Stir until combined and transfer to bread pan. Place cinnamon and sugar into a small bowl, stir to combine then sprinkle over top of banana bread batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool completely then cut into slices.