Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Cookies
Aug
2010

Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

In the mood for cookies today?  I am 🙂  Let me introduce you to my latest cookie with dried blueberries, caramel bits, white chocolate and oatmeal.  I am thrilled with how these came out over the weekend.  I had a house full of kids running around Saturday and tried these out on them.  Needless to say, the cookies were a huge hit.  Had to shoo them all out of the kitchen so I could snap some photos before they devoured them all 🙂

I found these cute little Kraft caramel bits at Target, hope you guys can find them.  They are so handy and so great in baking.  Can’t wait to try them in brownies next.  I love how after the cookies cool, the outside bits of caramel get a little crunchy.  Yum, wait until you try these.  Break out your muffin top pans again folks, it’s time to make some cookies!

Basic line up of ingredients

Mmmm, caramel and blueberries 🙂

Hard to see, but there are white chocolate chunks in the back of the bowl, love white chocolate in Oatmeal Cookies!

You know a cookie will be good if you can’t stop eating the dough right?  Well, I definitely couldn’t stop eating this!  Y’all have your muffin top pans yet?  Not sure how I lived without it!

There’s that crunchy bit of caramel on the edge, LOVE it 🙂

[ziplist]

Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

1 Cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla

2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

2 1/2 Cups oatmeal, I used quick oats

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 Cups Caramel Bits, by Kraft

1 1/2 Cups dried blueberries, found mine at Costco

1 Cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  Place flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix to combine.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients along with the caramel bits, blueberries and white chocolate.  Mix until just combined.

3.  If using a muffin top pan, spray with cooking spray, scoop about 1/4 Cup dough into each muffin top pan cup, then press to about 1/2 inch thick.  Bake for 11-14 minutes or until edges are just golden brown.  If using a normal baking sheet.  Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are just turning golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

24 Large Muffin Top Pan Cookies or 4 dozen normal size cookies

_________________________________________

I’ll leave you with us stuffing our faces at the Angel’s Game last Friday night.  It’s not a baseball game unless there is junk food involved right?!  Mmm 🙂

__________________________________

Have a great new week, see you soon 🙂

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

[…] Picky Palate:  Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies […]

This recipe is amazing! Definitely a recipe that will having people guessing at the secret ingredients! Still without a muffin top pan so I made these into little bite site cookies and they were a HIT! Thanks for all these incredible concoctions!

Melissa says:

These are so good! I used the blueberry infused craisins and our whole family loved them. Thanks for another great cookie recipe! 🙂

Jessica says:

I made these (minus the blueberries only because of the price) last night, and they are SO SO SO good! I can’t wait to make another batch! Thanks for all the wonderful recipes.

Jacks says:

These are our new favorite cookies! (and you were SO right about the dough!) The only thing I would do differently next time is leave the caramel bits out. They added good flavor, but I had a hard time getting them out of the muffin top pan! Thanks for the recipe!!

Linzie says:

Oh my goodness can I just say these are my new favorite cookies!!! I made them for a play date and they were all gone by the end of the day. I sent some home with each child and every mother called me wanting the recipe. I sent them your way!
    Thanks again!!!!
    Linzie

Ingrid says:

These look fantastic. I’m from Canada and have never seen those caramel bites. We do have SKOR pieces which are harder and more toffee-like but I’m wondering if those might be just as good? I’m going to try it this weekend.

Jannett says:

I made these cookies with the muffin top tin. Loved them. 🙂

Jam says:

I was excited to find this recipe and after combing my local stores for the caramel bits I made a batch today.
    The dough is ridiculously thick. It even strained the motor of my kitchen aid! Since the dough is so thick, they’re not baking well at all.
    The only change I made is swapping cranberries for the blueberries so I can’t imagine that made a difference.

Any ideas as to what the problem is? Am I missing an additional liquid somewhere?

gabby says:

Wow! I just haven’t met a cookie recipe of yours that I don’t love! I had a bunch of these caramel bits on hand from Fall and was happy to find a recipe for them. I did not have the dried blueberries so I used dried cherries and cranberries instead. So yummy.

gabby says:

I have made these twice in the past week and shared on my blog as well. YUM! Although I switched cherries for blueberries cause I have them on hand. Super delish and very popular with my neighbors 😉

Meghan says:

Holy Cow I just finished making these cookies and they taste a zillion times better than I thought. My boyfriend is going to get home tonight and probably eat the whole batch! You are a very gifted cook and I can’t wait to try out some of your other recipies.
    Thank you for posting this!!

Suzette says:

These are the BEST cookies EVER! My husband and I can’t stop eating them.

Anna says:

I can’t say it enough how much I love your website! I am sticking exclusively here to make all my holiday goodies. This weekend I made Festive Candy Cane kiss centered brownie bites, Peanut butter cookie and cream cheese candy bars and today I made your Blueberry, Caramel and white chocolate oatmeal cookies. Everything has turned out so good! Thank you so much for all your recipes!

[…] kitchen gadget shopping.  Thank you, Picky Palate for the baking and shopping inspiration.  These Blueberry, Caramel, and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies look fabulous.  Picky Palate suggests a muffin top pan for making nice, big, tempting cookies.  […]

Courtney says:

This sounds delicious but I was just looking and not reading everything carefully and though those caramel bits were chickpeas! Lol and I was so confused haha!

[…] Black and White Cookies – Joy the Baker Blueberry Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies – Picky […]

Colleen says:

These cookies are wonderful!! This will be one of my favorites, thank you for sharing!!

[…] Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies (via Picky-Palate) […]

Nancy Reyes says:

Love this recipe, used dried blueberries, yogurt chips instead of chocolate chips and i added my new found Davao chocolate nibs… then I realized i had only 6 pieces of caramel candies which I chopped up… The cookies were heavenly!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly says:

Oh, wow! What a creative combo, I’m going to try this, thank you.
    🙂