This chocolate chip banana bread has the most delicious crispy cinnamon sugar churro topping makes for a winning banana bread! Simple to make and churro fantastic!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
You are in for the ultimate treat with my churro topped banana bread recipe. It’s moist, packed with milk chocolate chips and topped with a slightly crisp cinnamon sugar churro topping. It’s delicious!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe!
- It has the most delicious cinnamon sugar topping!
- This banana bread recipe is tender, soft and moist.
- It also makes wonderful homemade gifts for neighbors and friends.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make chocolate chip banana bread at home! See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full details and instructions.
- salted butter– For most of my recipes I use salted butter. Unsalted works too.
- granulated sugar-This fine white sugar adds sweetness to the banana bread.
- ripe bananas– Make sure your bananas have started turning brown spotted on the peel for the best results.
- large eggs– For consistency, I use large eggs in my cooking and baking.
- pure vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla extract for best tasting results.
- all purpose flour– Flour is the main dry ingredient in the banana bread.
- baking soda– Baking soda helps the cookies rise during baking.
- ground cinnamon– Ground cinnamon added to banana bread is the perfect spice.
- kosher salt– Kosher salt is a coarse salt commonly used in cooking and baking.
- milk chocolate chips– Check for mini chocolate chips in the chocolate chip section of the grocery store. Regular is fine too.
How To Make Banana Bread
Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees F. and spray 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch bread pan lightly with cooking spray.
Cream Butter and Sugars. Cream butter and sugar until well combined.
Add Bananas and Wet Ingredients. Stir in bananas, eggs and vanilla mixing to combine.
Dry Ingredients. Add the flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
Stir And Transfer To Pan. With spoon, stir until combined and transfer to bread pan. I use a bread pan that is 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. Anything close to this works just fine.
Prepare Churro Topping. Place churro topping, sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl, stir to combine then sprinkle over top of banana bread batter.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool completely then cut into slices.
How To Make Banana Bread Moist
Once the banana bread has cooled, try wrapping in plastic wrap to keep bread moist.
Slice bread and serve either room temperature or warmed in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Top with a little butter and more cinnamon/sugar if desired.
Recipe Tips For Success
- Have your butter softened before starting the recipe.
- Make sure your bananas are nice and ripe when making the recipe. You want the peels black spotted for sweet bananas!
- Stir batter just until combined. Avoid over mixing batter.
- Make sure the bread pan is nicely greased to avoid bread sticking to the pan.
How To Serve
Serve banana bread for any occasion where brunch menu items are needed. Great for holidays, brunch and weekends. It’s even better spread with a thick layer of your favorite butter.
How To Store Banana Bread
Store banana bread in plastic wrap in an airtight container. I like to refrigerate my bread for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Banana Bread?
You sure can. Wrap cooled banana bread in a couple layers of plastic wrap and store in an airtight freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw before using.
Try More Banana Bread Recipes!
Churro Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- bread pan
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl, large
- mixing spoon
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch bread pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in bananas, eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Stir in flour, baking, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir until combined and transfer to bread pan. Place churro topping, sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl, stir to combine then sprinkle over top of banana bread batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool completely then cut into slices.