Sharing our favorite Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies today! Treat yourself to a taste of Fall with my Brown Butter Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies! There’s nothing like pumpkin and chocolate together!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fall baking is the best time of year isn’t it?! The aromas that come from the kitchen is hard to beat. It is jam packed with all of my favorite flavors including brown butter, pumpkin and chocolate chips. The whole family will be flocking for these fun cookies!
Here are the basics you’ll need for the cookies.
Time to beat your brown butter and sugars.
Add your egg, pumpkin, vanilla then dry ingredients.
Add pecans and chocolate chips!
Look at this gorgeous dough!
Time to bake these babies.
Ultra rich pumpkin cookies packed with chocolate chips and pecans. Heaven!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Brown Butter Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree I used Libby’s
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Pecan Halves coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Let melt and bubble until browned. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Place browned butter and sugars into a stand mixer. Beat until well combined. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, mini chips and pecans. Beat until just combined.
- With a cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Serve. room temperature or chilled.