These brown butter chocolate chip cookies are no joke. They have the perfect crispy edges while being soft and ultra chocolatey in the center. My Crispy Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies will cure any sweet tooth!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Not sure it gets better than brown butter cookies. It brings a richness that is absolutely perfect in cookies. So excited for you to try these!
Try my Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookie Bars too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
The star of the show are these gorgeous chocolate chunks. I get the giant chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s and chunk it myself. I know you can buy a bag of chunks if that’s easier for you.
Chocolate into the dough!
I can’t lie, I did sample 🙂
I mean come on! Gorgeous little balls of dough 🙂
If crispy, rich buttery edges with chewy chocolatey centers are your thing then these are going to knock your socks off.
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Crispy Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and swirl pan often until butter is browned. Brown bits will form at the bottom of the pan and butter will turn golden. Transfer to a heat proof bowl to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, stirring until well combined. Slowly stir in flour, pudding mix, salt, baking soda and chocolate chunks until just combined.
- Use a small to medium size cookie scoop and scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, until edges just turn golden. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring. Enjoy room temperature.