Sharing a favorite banana bread recipe today!! My Butterscotch Chip Banana Bread makes the perfect snack any time of the day. Sweet and delicious! You can even use your bananas that aren’t quite black yet. Worked just fine!
Banana Bread Recipe
You don’t want to miss this banana bread recipe!! Packed with the best flavor and the butterscotch chips could not be more perfect with the banana flavors! Enjoy!
Try my Roasted Banana Bread with Streusel Topping too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
What If I Don’t Have Ripe Bananas?
Here’s how you can ripen your bananas at home!
- Simply bake unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet in a 250°F oven until soft, 15-20 minutes. Let cool, peel, and they’re ready to use in your banana bread recipe!
Tips For Making The BEST Banana Bread
- Use dark brown sugar for an extra richness in your banana bread.
- Consider adding crunchy nuts for texture!
- Bananas should be very ripe.
- To store ripe bananas: freeze with or without the peel. Return to room temperature before baking. You’ll find previously frozen bananas are easy to work with and produce extra-moist banana bread.
- With a spatula, fold dry and wet ingredients together for a tender crumb.
- Walnuts are the nut of choice for banana bread, as their slightly bitter taste complements the sweetness of the bread.
- Use a toothpick to test banana bread for doneness in three places: left, center and right side.
Butterscotch Chip Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a small bread pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Place butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and add sugar, egg, vanilla, yogurt and bananas mixing well.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Top with butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until baked through. Test with a toothpick to make sure. Remove and let cool completely before slicing.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.