Sharing one of our favorite chocolate chip cookies with pudding today! These Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies are sweet, crispy yet soft and utterly perfect!
Chocolate Chip Cookies With Pudding
It’s no secret I am a cookie addict. I could be very happy baking cookies every single day, well I practically do, lol!
If you haven’t added instant pudding to your cookies before, just wait until you try it. Such an awesome texture! Oodles of chocolate chunks and butterscotch chips, you can’t possibly go wrong with that. Hope you enjoy another great cookie recipe!
Try my Perfect Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Your line up of ingredients.
Cream you butter and sugars to start.
Brown sugar 🙂
Add 2 large eggs and vanilla.
Dry ingredients up next.
Add a box of this. You’ll see why when you pull your cookies out of the oven 🙂
Chocolate chunks please!
Butterscotch chips too.
Gulp. Heaven help me.
Ready for baking!
Perfection! Enjoy 🙂
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix. Stir in chocolate chunks and butterscotch chips until just combined.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet with cookie scoop about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Can you add oatmeal to these? Thanks!
These cookies are the best! The first time we made them with semi-sweet mini chips instead of the butterscotch. So good. We’ve made them several times, and our current batch is the best: we used chocolate pudding, semi-sweet mini chips instead of the butterscotch – and English Toffee bits (I used Heath). Each version we make is – well, we think it’s the best cookie ever! And the cookie dough is to die for! I love all your recipes, Jenny!
Delicious! I would be tempted to just eat the cookie dough and forgo baking!
Looks very yummy 🙂 …… I never heard of putting custard powder in cookies……….will definitely try this,bookmared this recipe 🙂
Oh yummm! I love these cookies- they look amazing!
These are the best! Kevin still remembers fondly of a giant butterscotch cookie you made for him when we visited a few years ago. xoxo
My boys would go crazy for these cookies! So delicious.
Awesome flavor combo – I need these cookies!
Way to induce instant cookie cravings.
These cookies need to be in my life! They look completely amazing!!!
I. Want. These. NOW. 😉
Love pudding cookies!! These are the perfect afternoon treat!
I just love butterscotch- yum!
I adore butterscotch and these cookies look as though they’d be perfect with a glass of milk.
These cookies are just packed with goodies! Yum!
So I’ve decided that pudding mix is the secret to all of the best baked goods!!! I must try this – you know how much I love any cookie you make!
These look delicious and I just love the color of your mixer! Happy Spring.
They look glorious ones! With so much chocolates, its making the cookies so tempting.
These cookies look wonderful!!
Ooh yum! So buttery and loaded with chocolate! Love these!
I am a soft cookie lover to the core (while my husband prefers crispy) so that means I’m keeping a batch of these butterscotch beauties all to myself! 🙂
I’ve never used pudding in cookies although I’ve seen recipes which call for it. These cookies look absolutely delicious. I need to try them asap.