Candy Bar Cookies? Have I gone mad? Well, no but was craving some chocolate….sorry for those of you who are so good and still dieting 🙂
I used the same technique I’ve been using with those giant Oreo Stuffed Cookies and am just loving it. Ooey Gooey on the inside and perfectly buttery crisp on the outside, just how I like it!I would highly recommend that you use the exact cookie dough recipe I have written below. It holds it’s shape perfectly for these giant cookies. Grab some milk, endulge…..then go workout tomorrow. Enjoy!!
I used 3 of my favorite snack size candy bars as pictured above. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers and Kit Kat. I believe you could use any of your favorites here 🙂
First up, Reeses Peanut Butter Cup….my absolute favorite 🙂 Place a nice big scoop on top and…
…..a nice big scoop on the bottom 🙂
Use both hands to press and seal edges. You’ll get this giant head sized cookie.
Do the same with your Snickers, one giant scoop on top, one on bottom…press and seal edges!
Same story for your Kit Kat Bar. I shaped it a bit oval which worked great.
Ready for the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees F, 14-16 minutes!
Can you just die?! Here’s the inside of the Snickers Cookie.
The inside of the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookie, mmm!
…and the fabulous Kit Kat Bar Cookie. Love every single one of these bad boys!
Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- Variety of snack size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers and Kit Kat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of snack size candy bar. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of candy bar. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until candy bar is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!