Cheesy Bean and Chicken Tacos
My Cheesy Bean and Chicken Tacos make the perfect quick fix dinner for busy weeknights!
You are in for a simple dinner idea with my Cheesy Bean and Chicken Tacos!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you quick and easy Mexican style dinner recipes. This quick fix taco makes the perfect weeknight dinner. Simple ingredients that you are likely to have on hand. Hope you enjoy!!
Having my favorite Old El Paso products stocked in my pantry sure makes my life easier when I’m scrambling to make dinner during the busy week.
We used Old El Paso’s Black Refried Beans
For this taco, I used the Old El Paso Black Bean Refried Beans to layer on the bottom of the taco shells.
Layered my seasoned chicken on top.
I topped each taco with extra shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake Tacos Until Hot
Stick the tacos under the broiler for a few minutes and dinner is done! Hope you enjoy!
What Should I Serve With Cheesy Bean and Chicken Tacos?
- Serve with a simple mexican rice.
- You could also serve with quesadillas, chips and salsa.
- A light salad is always a good option as well.
Tips For Cheesy Bean and Chicken Tacos
- Mix it up with other proteins. Try shredded beef, ground beef and even shrimp!
- Bake tacos right before serving. Best served right after tacos come out of oven.
- Use your favorite hot sauce or taco sauce to top each taco.
- 15 ounce can Old El Paso Black Bean Refried Beans
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup prepared mild salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or spinach leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Place your refried beans into a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to soften. When hot, place a spoonful of beans into the bottom of 6 taco shells.
- Place cooked chicken, taco seasoning, lime juice and salsa into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to combine. When hot, spoon chicken into taco shells over the bean layer.
- Top chicken with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and place tacos under oven's broiler for just a couple minutest to melt cheese. Remove, garnish with shredded lettuce and cilantro sprigs.
- Makes 6 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.