These Taco Totchos are the perfect appetizer for your family and friends! Tater tots have never tasted so delicious!
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family fun Mexican style recipes. My boys love tater tots so I thought it would be fun to make some Mexican style “totchos.” Packed with delicious taco flavors, the whole family will love these!
I love having my favorite Old El Paso products stocked in my pantry to whip up simple dishes including their Taco Seasoning and Chopped Green Chilies.
Season the tater tots with your taco seasoning.
Bake for 10 minutes them remove.
Time for your green chilies.
Top your tater tots with green chilies, cooked shredded beef then top with shredded cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve warm with your favorite salsa and other taco toppings if you’d like.
Can’t wait for you to try these! They’re a hit every time.
- 4 cups frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup cooked shredded beef
- 4 tablespoons Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- Place tater tots onto a baking sheet or two small bakers like I have photographed in this post. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and top with shredded beef, green chilies and cheese. For the shredded beef, I used a roast from the night before, feel free to use ground beef, chicken or whatever protein you'd like. Bake for another 10-12 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Remove and top with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve warm.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.