These Cheesy Grown Up SpaghettiOs are just like the version you loved as a kid except fresh and even more yummy. This easy homemade SpagghettiOs recipe is a flavorful blast from the past that you’ll love to make and eat!
Remember eating spaghettios as a kid? I do! I have to say I don’t love them now as an adult, but I do love my “Cheesy Grown Up SpaghettiOs I’ve made for you today.
Growing up, I remember and my dad making a bowl of pasta, then adding butter and tomato sauce (with lots of black pepper) for lunch on a number of occasions. It is the simplest of ingredients and for some reason is so good! I re-created that lunch I remember him making so many times as a kid with a few little additions of my own. The family will go nuts over this recipe. My kids even polished off all of the leftovers throughout the week.
What You’ll Need
Here’s your simple ingredient list.
- Pasta – I used Ditalini shaped pasta, it looks similar to the traditional spaghettio shape.
- Butter – I prefer unsalted butter for this recipe
- Tomato sauce
- Ranch seasoning – One of the dry seasoning packets.
- Shredded chicken – You could also use rotisserie chicken
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheese – I recommend cheddar
How To Make Homemade Spaghettios
Make the pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions then drain under cold water to stop cooking.
Combine butter and tomato sauce. Melt butter into a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add tomato sauce, stirring to combine.
Time to add the remaining ingredients. Add your cooked pasta to the sauce along with the shredded chicken, Ranch seasoning, and black pepper. Stir to combine, reduce heat to medium-low. Top with shredded cheese and close lid to melt cheese for 3-5 minutes. Once cheese is melted, serve.
Yes! Cheesy and perfect. Now it’s time to eat. Is this an easy SpaghettiO’s recipe or what?
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
You can store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat you can either spoon the amount you want to eat into a microwave-safe bowl and reheat for a few minutes in the microwave, or you can reheat the pasta on the stovetop. The noodles will expand in the fridge which is totally normal, they are just absorbing some moisture from the pasta sauce.
Enjoy! ….I even added a few shakes of hot sauce to mine. Give that a try too.
Cheesy Grown Up SpaghettiOs
- 1 lb pasta small and circular
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 45 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dry Ranch Dressing seasoning packet
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese finely shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions then drain under cold water to stop cooking.
- Melt butter into a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add tomato sauce, stirring to combine.
- Add your cooked pasta to the sauce along with the shredded chicken, Ranch seasoning and black pepper. Stir to combine, reduce heat to medium low.
- Top with shredded cheese and close lid to melt cheese for 3-5 minutes. Once cheese is melted, serve.