This Black Bean Chicken Taco Recipe is sure to be a huge hit every time you make it. It’s packed with black beans, chicken, corn and your favorite taco toppings!
The Best Chicken Tacos
Making chicken tacos is one of our favorite weeknight dinner ideas. The boys get out their favorite salsa and it’s a simple meal we enjoy over and over again. I’ve put together a simple healthier style taco that is quick enough to whip up during busy weeknights.
I’ve used Old El Paso’s Stand n’ Stuff Taco Shells that make it so easy to serve. No more tacos tipping over with all of the filling falling out. Love these shells that stand up on their own.
I chose simple ingredients you are likely to have on hand or would be easy to pick up at the store.
How to Make Black Bean Chicken Tacos
Place your chicken, black beans, corn, salsa and cumin into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine until warmed. Once hot, reduce to low.
Place your warmed taco shells onto a serving plate or taco holders.
Spoon the chicken taco mixture into the shells.
Place your plain Greek Yogurt, salt, pepper and hot sauce into a small bowl, stir to combine. Stir in finely chopped cilantro leaves and drizzle over tacos.
Garnish with some quartered cherry tomatoes and cilantro leaves if desired. If you have left over chicken filling, it works great over pizza dough for a Chicken Taco Pizza. Extra chicken filling goes great in quesadillas too.
Black Bean Chicken Taco Recipe
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken rotisserie works great
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels roasted if available
- 1/2 cup prepared mild salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells warmed in oven for a few minutes
Cilantro Yogurt Drizzle
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup finally chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, cumin and lime juice into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir gently until warmed, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- To prepare drizzle, place yogurt, cilantro, hot sauce, salt and pepper into a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Place warmed taco shells onto a serving plate or taco holders. Spoon chicken mixture into each shell and drizzle with cilantro sauce. Top with additional cilantro and quartered cherry tomatoes for garnish if desired. Serve warm.
Pin Black Bean Chicken Taco Recipe
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Target and Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.