I looooove making a fun breakfast for my family. Especially on the weekends. Nothing like seeing the smiles on my boys face when I serve a big stack of pancakes. I jazzed up my favorite Buttermilk Pancake recipe (from my cookbook) today with some malt powder and chocolate chips. Not even kidding, these babies don’t even need syrup. A nice dollop of whipped cream and you are good to go.
Hope you enjoy!
Malted milk….this stuff is magical. I’ve used it in pancakes, cookies, muffins, you name it….it’s amazing! You’ll find it near the chocolate milk in your grocery store.
Chocolate chips to go in the pancakes please 🙂
Mix up your pancake batter. Nice and simple.
Stir in some chocolate chips and they are ready to be cooked up!
Stack those babies nice and tall….and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Malted Pancakes
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons malt powder (I used Carnation)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Place flour, malt powder, sugar, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, spoon about 1/4 cup batter into center of pan. With spoon, form round pancake quickly. Let cook for 60 seconds or until batter starts to bubble. With spatula, flip and cook an additional minute or until cooked through and browned. Continue until all batter is used.
- To prepare whipped cream whisk heavy whipping cream and sugar in mixing bowl until whipped cream forms. Top each pancake with a dollop of whipped cream and additional chocolate chips if desired.
Makes 8 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.