Good Monday to you! Hope everyone had a nice weekend 🙂
I am in love with this nice chunky bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup! I know I make a lot of soups and say I love all of them, but this one really is one of my newest favorites. You’ll have to scroll down and look at the noodles I picked up at Whole Foods for this recipe. I’ve never seen them before, but if you can get your hands on them, give them a try, you’ll love it! Tastes like it’s right out of a cafe.
In these winter months, even though it’s not all that cold here in CA, there’s nothing I like better to eat than a nice bowl of hot soup, hope you’ll all enjoy my latest recipe. We at the entire pot in just a few days. Enjoy 🙂
Found these great noodles @ Whole Foods, they were in the Kosher section. Really were awesome in this soup. Any old small noodle will work if you can’t find these. I really liked the stir fry noodles too.
Chunky Chicken Noodle and Vegetable Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 5 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 48 oz chicken broth I used 1 full 32 oz size and 1/2 of another
- 9 oz small noodles of choice
- 1 tablespoon coarse Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce doesn't make it spicy, just gives a nice flavor
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded (lightly seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- pinches of Kosher salt fresh ground black pepper and Lawry's Garlic Salt to TASTE (this differs for everyone, just season until you like it)
- Place oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, saute the onion, celery, carrots, sweet peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant. Cook and stir until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in fresh garlic; mix in for 30 seconds then stir in the broth. Increase heat until the soup just starts to boil. Stir in noodles and cook for 7-10 minutes or until noodles are cooked through, al dente. Stir in dijon mustard, hot sauce, chicken, parsley, and seasonings to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
Have a great new week! Come back soon for more healthy eating 🙂