Good Tuesday Friends!! Hope you all had a nice 3 Day Weekend 🙂 Talk about rainy days around here! It has been raining like crazy non-stop and isn’t predicted to stop for a while. Definitely breaking out the ol’ rain boots!
I am thrilled to share this ultra healthy chili recipe with you today. Perfect for this time of year, especially rainy cold days! Packed with vegetables, beans and my new favorite healthy product….quinoa! I just love cooking with it lately. You seriously don’t even miss the meat in this recipe. With that said, if you feel like adding chicken, turkey or beef, it would be great as well. Your call!
Take a peek, hope you’ll give it a try. Total comfort food!
quinoa! I love you.
Saute those babies until nice and tender then add your chicken or vegetable broth
Stir in the ol’ cooked quinoa, beans and seasonings!
Chunky Vegetable Quinoa Chili
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 5 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 6 sweet peppers chopped
- 1 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 yellow zucchini quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- pinch of kosher salt
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans white beans drained
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt fresh cracked pepper, Lawry's Garlic Salt with Parsley
- fresh Cilantro leaves chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside. Heat oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onions, celery, carrots, sweet peppers, and zucchini. Stir and cook for 5-8 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 60 seconds. Season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Pour in chicken broth, cooked quinoa, tomatoes, beans, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, and lime juice. Season with kosher salt, pepper, and Lawry's according to your liking. Add some then give a taste until you are satisfied 🙂 Stir in fresh cilantro leaves.
- Simmer on low until ready to serve. We like to crush tortilla chips over top, mmm!
Have a great new week! See you soon 🙂