Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am a bit on overload these days. Between the dental convention and pilates training this weekend, I am in need of a sweet vacation. I have been wanting to go to NY for so long now, I need to just do it. Now I just need to convince my husband. Any New Yorkers have any tips to a first timer?
I’m not sure why I keep making all of these tempting treats, it’s getting a bit ridiculous, swim suit season is coming quick! It was just too hard to resist because I finally found a place to purchase Hershey cinnamon chips that I have been hunting down for the last year. My trusty Super Target down the street just started selling them. To celebrate, I just had to create a fun cookie, so here it is. Sink your teeth into these puppies!
I am so hooked on using coconut oil in place of butter for my cookies, it really gives a nice flavor especially if you are a coconut fan. These are a great cookie when you are tired of always making chocolate chip. Mmmm, what a treat, cute and bite size.
Cinnamon and White Chocolate Coconut-Oat Chippers
- 1 cup softened virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips Hershey Brand is what I used
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the oil and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix on low until just combined. With a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked through. If making larger cookies, bake 9-11 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.