Sharing the best oatmeal recipe today! Treat yourself to my simple and delicious Cherry Macaroon Oatmeal!
Best Oatmeal Recipe
Here to share the BEST oatmeal recipe with you today! We went nuts for this oatmeal that’s great for breakfast or brunch. These flavors are so good together. I love that from start to finish it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. Enjoy!
Try my Banana Caramel Oatmeal recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe Inspiration.
How Do You Make Oatmeal?
Quick-cooking oats have been precooked then dried and rolled. They are sometimes labeled “instant oats.”
Stovetop: Bring 1 cup water (or nonfat or low-fat milk) and a pinch of salt (if desired) to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup oats and reduce heat to medium; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
Microwave: Combine 1 cup water (or nonfat or low-fat milk), 1/2 cup oats and a pinch of salt (if desired) in a 2-cup microwavable bowl. Microwave on High for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Stir before serving.
The toasted coconut adds such a great texture to your oatmeal. Pour some shredded coconut into a large skillet over medium high heat. After about 2 minutes, stir and toast all sides until golden and beautiful. So good!
Use a spoon and swirl your Red Tart Cherry Preserves over your warm oatmeal. Talk about a treat! Healthy and delicious. Enjoy!
Cherry Macaroon Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dry quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Cherry Preserves
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add coconut; cook and stir for for 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook oats according to package directions. Once cooked, return to a simmer and stir in almond milk, brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Divide oatmeal into 4 serving bowls. Swirl in 1 tablespoon Red Tart Cherry Preserves and top with pinches of toasted Coconut.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board