I love brownies and have been wanting to make this idea I’ve had for the last few weeks now. I finally decided this morning to do it. I had all intentions of making homemade brownies, but ran out of time and grabbed my handy box mix. You can use this same concept with your favorite homemade brownie mix. Cookies and cream is one of my favorite combos and talk about yummy swirled in these brownies, I knew it would be fantastic !
As if that wasn’t good enough, I’ve frosted them with a decadent chocolate peanut butter ganache that will have you licking the bowl! I gotta run, my little guy is having a hay day with the goldfish all over my carpet! Enjoy everyone!!
Cookies and Cream Swirled Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
- 1 box brownie mix 9x13 size
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10 Oreos broken into pieces
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and place into a 9x7 inch baking dish that has been lined with tin foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in Oreo Cookie pieces until combined. Using a spoon, spoon cookies and cream mixture evenly over brownie mix. Using a knife, gently swirl cookies and cream into brownies without scraping the bottom of the dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter and stir chocolate chips until smooth. Place back in the microwave for 15-30 more seconds if not smooth. Stir in half and half until glossy smooth, then spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares and serve.