Happy Tuesday everyone! What a crazy past few weeks it’s been around here. Just back home last night from a week in sunny AZ and had a great time with my family and friends despite the wicked heat. It’s funny how quickly the boys and I forgot how hot AZ gets in the summer. We’ve been so spoiled with the mid 70’s around here in CA!
With summer as unpredictable as it is, I will occasionally be highlighting some of my past favorite recipes to keep up with everything going on. I’ve organized a couple of my very favorite summer treats to share with you all today since I haven’t stepped foot in my kitchen for a while. Hope you all will enjoy a blast from the past! This little parfait and my raspberry blondies are the perfect way to perk up any summer! Enjoy!
Honeyed Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Parfaits
- 4.5 oz package shortcakes 4 count, cut into cubes
- 16 oz reduced fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh stawberries
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 1 package Nature Valley Oats n’ Honey Crunchy Granola Bars 2 in package, crushed
- Place an even layer of shortcake into 4 little parfait glasses. Top evenly with a couple spoonfuls of yogurt, then about ¼ Cup strawberries. Drizzle each cup with 1 teaspoon honey then top with a Tablespoon of crushed granola bar. Repeat this layering one more time and serve.
Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
- ¼ cup butter class
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in ¾ cup white chips until melted and smooth. In a large bowl add the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and ½ Cup white chips. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl along with the melted white chip mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into an 8x8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Top evenly with 1 cup raspberries. Mix the chopped pecans and sanding sugar in a small bowl until combined then sprinkle over top of blondies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean from center.