Happy Tuesday everyone! What a crazy past few weeks it’s been around here. Just back home last night from a week in sunny AZ and had a great time with my family and friends despite the wicked heat. It’s funny how quickly the boys and I forgot how hot AZ gets in the summer. We’ve been so spoiled with the mid 70’s around here in CA!
With summer as unpredictable as it is, I will occasionally be highlighting some of my past favorite recipes to keep up with everything going on. I’ve organized a couple of my very favorite summer treats to share with you all today since I haven’t stepped foot in my kitchen for a while. Hope you all will enjoy a blast from the past! This little parfait and my raspberry blondies are the perfect way to perk up any summer! Enjoy!
Honeyed Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Parfaits
- 4.5 oz package shortcakes 4 count, cut into cubes
- 16 oz reduced fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh stawberries
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 1 package Nature Valley Oats n’ Honey Crunchy Granola Bars 2 in package, crushed
- Place an even layer of shortcake into 4 little parfait glasses. Top evenly with a couple spoonfuls of yogurt, then about ¼ Cup strawberries. Drizzle each cup with 1 teaspoon honey then top with a Tablespoon of crushed granola bar. Repeat this layering one more time and serve.
Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
- ¼ cup butter class
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in ¾ cup white chips until melted and smooth. In a large bowl add the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and ½ Cup white chips. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl along with the melted white chip mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into an 8x8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Top evenly with 1 cup raspberries. Mix the chopped pecans and sanding sugar in a small bowl until combined then sprinkle over top of blondies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean from center.
It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that
you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.
Thanks for sharing.
Looks like you are having a fabulous summer! How cute are those kids?!
YUM! I love the flavor combos!
Those blondies are calling my name! Seriously, the weather here has been amazing since July started, right? Your kids are really really cute. 🙂
Nice to see you're enjoying this summer and enjoying lots of each other! Nothing like a day at the beach with the kids!
Thanks for these great summer desserts, I especially want those parfaits
We love AZ and vacationed there for many years. Scottsdale – I love it! Our daughter (28) does business in CA and visits OC 4x a year and loves it too. Beautiful boys you have!
Hi Jenny, Nice to see you and your family having fun!! Enjoy 🙂
Not fair! We've been having the exact opposite weather.
Yum! It looks like you are having a fun summer.
I love your blog and have nominated you for an award, available at my blog.
Is that you and your boys?
You remind me me of here.. my daughters and their boys..
You are such a lovely family!
mmm I'm so trying those blondies! they look delish!
Raspberry Blondies?!?!? OMG! I want I want I want!!!!
Love the pics of you and the kids! They're adorable.
Well darn, I think I must make those blondies. They look scrumptious. Thanks for sharing. Be glad you escaped. It was like 111 here today. Ick.
I'm loving the way the parfait looks!! So pretty! Happy summer 🙂
oh man, those blondies look fantastic
Pictures are great I cant wait until our vacation at the beach..
Thanks so much for sharing your adorable photos!
Your boys look so happy!!! That parfait looks fantastic too:)
Great pictures and yummy recipes!
Great pictures and I love the parfait.
Looks like you've been enjoying summer so far! Love those recipes you are sharing… so perfect for a summer evening at home, or to take along for a bbq.