Sharing a simple taco recipe today that makes the perfect quick fix dinner! These Creamy BLT Ranch Tacos are a fun simple to prepare weeknight dinner your family and friends will love.
I’ve developed this fun taco recipe that could not be more simple to prepare during those busy weeknights. All of your favorite BLT flavors wrapped up in a zesty taco with a tempting cheese sauce. Hope you enjoy!
Try my Salsa Verde Tacos too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Homemade Cheese Sauce Recipe
Prepare your homemade cheese sauce recipe. See recipe instructions for details.
Layer taco shells with cole slaw or lettuce, bacon slices, tomatoes and drizzle lightly with homemade cheese sauce.
How fun are these tacos?!
Creamy BLT Cheese Tacos
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 pound bacon crisped
- Old El Paso Bold Ranch Flavored Taco Shells
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream whisking until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add green chiles, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Cook bacon until crisped, cool to room temperature. Place taco shells onto serving plate. Fill with cole slaw, top with bacon slices, tomatoes and drizzle with cheese sauce. Serve immediately.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Old El Paso in 2015. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Yet another tasty, but easy recipe! Fantastic idea. I LOVE all things taco, so this will be a new twist my kids will love!
These look fabulous, Jenny!
My family would go crazy for these tacos! Love it!
Ohh you had me at bacon! Tacos are our go-to dinner on busy weeks, but bacon definitely steps up the game 😉 Looks delicious!
Yum! Can you say ideal dinner??
great tacos Jenny!
Tacos are always a great weeknight dinner!
two favorites in one recipe, looks awesome!
Wow,…this is one of the tastiest ideas I have seen in a long time. Looks and sounds absolutely delicious!!
Woohooo! This is my kind of taco!
BLT tacos – yes! My boys are gonna love this!
You can never go wrong with tacos and this BLT Ranch version looks amazing!
This is the perfect quick dinner item for busy families! I kind of need this for dinner tonight 🙂
Tacos and creamy in the same sentence??? DREAMY!
Oooh, I never thought of converting my favorite sandwich into tacos! Those shells sound fantastic, too!
Was thinking the same thing. Taco’s are awesome. Taco day even more so. Bacon is super awesome. Put them together. How about adding some chocolate?