Sharing a simple taco recipe today that makes the perfect quick fix dinner! These Creamy BLT Ranch Tacos are a fun simple to prepare weeknight dinner your family and friends will love.
I’ve developed this fun taco recipe that could not be more simple to prepare during those busy weeknights. All of your favorite BLT flavors wrapped up in a zesty taco with a tempting cheese sauce. Hope you enjoy!
Homemade Cheese Sauce Recipe
Prepare your homemade cheese sauce recipe. See recipe instructions for details.
Layer taco shells with cole slaw or lettuce, bacon slices, tomatoes and drizzle lightly with homemade cheese sauce.
How fun are these tacos?!
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 pound bacon crisped
- Old El Paso Bold Ranch Flavored Taco Shells
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream whisking until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add green chiles, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Cook bacon until crisped, cool to room temperature. Place taco shells onto serving plate. Fill with cole slaw, top with bacon slices, tomatoes and drizzle with cheese sauce. Serve immediately.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Old El Paso in 2015. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.