Sharing my BBQ Chicken Rice Bake today! Quick fix and fabulous!
It’s no secret that quick and simple weeknight dinner recipes are my favorite. I’ve got another winner to share with you today that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time. Some of our favorite ingredients you are likely to have on hand! Enjoy!
You’ll start with some cooked rice of your choice and drizzle with a little BBQ sauce.
Top with a layer of corn kernels.
A layer of thinly sliced red onion.
Some shredded mozzarella cheese up next.
Cooked seasoned chicken breast on top.
Drizzle with more BBQ sauce and some fresh chopped cilantro. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
How gorgeous is this?
So simple to whip up. My kinda dinner. Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Rice Bake
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked rice, I used Jasmine rice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked, seasoned shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and pour oil into 12 inch cast iron skillet, swirling to coat bottom.
- Layer rice into bottom of skillet. Drizzle 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over rice then layer with corn, red onion slices, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce then top with cilantro. Bake for 20 minutes, until hot. Remove and serve warm.
Makes 6 Servings
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.