This BBQ Chicken and Rice Bake is the perfect quick fix dinner that’s packed with your favorite barbeque chicken flavors! Plus, it’s all made in one skillet.
Chicken and Rice Bake
You are in for one of our favorite simple to prepare dinners, BBQ Chicken and Rice Bake!
It’s no secret that quick and simple weeknight dinner recipes are my favorite. I’ve got another winner to share with you today that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time. Some of our favorite ingredients you are likely to have on hand! Enjoy!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
Why Should I Use a Cast Iron Skillet?
I love using my cast iron skillets! I like serving dinner right out of the skillet. Kind of rustic style. Here are some other great benefits – A well seasoned skillet is stick free.
You can sear and move to oven with 1 pan. They are very inexpensive. They last a lifetime if properly cared for.
You’ll start my BBQ Chicken Rice Bake by adding cooked rice to your cast iron. Drizzle with a little BBQ sauce.
Top with a layer of corn kernels.
A layer of thinly sliced red onion.
Some shredded mozzarella cheese up next.
Cooked seasoned chicken breast on top.
Drizzle with more BBQ sauce and some fresh chopped cilantro. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
How gorgeous is this?
So simple to whip up. My kinda dinner. Enjoy!
Tips For Making BBQ Chicken and Rice Bake
*Use a Rotisserie chicken for speedy prep time. You can also use an 11×7 inch baking dish if you don’t have a cast iron skillet to use.
*Serve with a nice green salad and crusty bread. Garlic bread goes great with this dish as well.
*Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
BBQ Chicken Rice Bake
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked rice I used Jasmine rice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce divided
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked seasoned shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and pour oil into 12 inch cast iron skillet, swirling to coat bottom.
- Layer rice into bottom of skillet. Drizzle 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over rice then layer with corn, red onion slices, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce then top with cilantro. Bake for 20 minutes, until hot. Remove and serve warm.