My BBQ Chicken Rice Bake is the perfect quick fix dinner recipe packed with your favorite BBQ Chicken flavors!!
You are in for one of our favorite simple to prepare dinners, BBQ Chicken Rice Bake!
It’s no secret that quick and simple weeknight dinner recipes are my favorite. I’ve got another winner to share with you today that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time. Some of our favorite ingredients you are likely to have on hand! Enjoy!
Why Should I Use a Cast Iron Skillet?
I love using my cast iron skillets! I like serving dinner right out of the skillet. Kind of rustic style. Here are some other great benefits – A well seasoned skillet is stick free.
You can sear and move to oven with 1 pan. They are very inexpensive. They last a lifetime if properly cared for.
You’ll start my BBQ Chicken Rice Bake by adding cooked rice to your cast iron. Drizzle with a little BBQ sauce.
Top with a layer of corn kernels.
A layer of thinly sliced red onion.
Some shredded mozzarella cheese up next.
Cooked seasoned chicken breast on top.
Drizzle with more BBQ sauce and some fresh chopped cilantro. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
How gorgeous is this?
So simple to whip up. My kinda dinner. Enjoy!
Tips For BBQ Chicken Rice Bake
*Use a Rotisserie chicken for speedy prep time.
*Serve with a nice green salad and crusty bread.
*Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked rice I used Jasmine rice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce divided
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked seasoned shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and pour oil into 12 inch cast iron skillet, swirling to coat bottom.
- Layer rice into bottom of skillet. Drizzle 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over rice then layer with corn, red onion slices, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce then top with cilantro. Bake for 20 minutes, until hot. Remove and serve warm.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.