So, I’ve officially hung up my dental hygiene instruments for a while. I’ve been working part time at my office for the last 7 years and have really enjoyed it. My hubby and I decided this was a good time to take a little break while the boys are young and crazy, but I’m hoping to do some temp work for my office from time to time. So, as a goodbye for now, I brought a big plate of these wicked brownies for all to enjoy.
This is such a fun recipe, it is similar to one I created f0r the Pillsbury Bake-off a couple years ago, and even though it wasn’t chosen for the cook-off, they are a hit wherever I take them. I mean, what’s not to love about brownies lathered in caramel sauce and rice crispy treats drizzled with silky chocolate!!?? Take a big plate of these to your next party and watch your family and friends drool!
Crispy Caramel Brownie Treats
- 1 brownie mix of choice 9x13 size
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ½ cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil you can also use heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. As soon as they are done baking, remove from oven and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter until puffed up. Stir in cereal until well combined. Quickly place over brownies and gently spread evenly over top. Place chocolate chips into a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in coconut oil or heavy cream until shiny and smooth. Pour and drizzle over top of brownies. Let cool then cut into squares.