Good Wednesday Everyone! I’ve been so productive the last few days with getting the house in order. It feels incredible to de-junk ALL of your stuff. Room by room, we’re getting closer and closer.
Yesterday, one of my son’s best friends threw him a little surprise going away party after school. It was so cute, because one of the boys in his kindergarten class couldn’t handle keeping the secret and told him all about it. I don’t think it mattered too much, because they all had such a great time. Thank You Hillstead Family! It meant the world to Mason!
Last week, I made these gingerbread biscotti and we LOVED them. We loved them even more dipped in a big cup of hot chocolate. You’ve got to try it to believe it. My husband went nuts for this combo and he seems to be the pickiest of the bunch. We’re already planning on having this Christmas Eve, I seriously can’t wait. Hope you all enjoy!
Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread and Cinnamon Chip Biscotti
For the Biscotti:
- 11/4 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips if you can't find them white chips would be great as well
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
To Dip & Decorate:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- hot chocoate I just used the Nestle packet for this
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking soda pecans and cinnamon chips in the bowl of a stand mixer. In a medium bowl, mix eggs with molasses. With mixer on low speed, pour in egg mixture to dry ingredients until well combined.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts and form into 10 inch logs 4 inches apart onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Each log should be about 2 inches wide. Bake for about 30 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut each log into ½ inch pieces on the diagonal. Place back onto the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until nice and crispy. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips into a double broiler over boiling water. Melt until smooth (you can also melt your chips in the microwave if you prefer). Dip the top half of each biscotti into melted chocolate and place onto wax paper to dry. Decorate with sprinkles of choice if desired. Once dried, do yourself a favor and dip into hot chocolate. Then find yourself in heaven!
Have a great Week Everyone! See you soon with more goodies.