It’s such a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a healthy recipe to celebrate Heart Month! My family goes nuts for homemade chicken tenders so I knew I wanted to make a healthy pecan coated version.
I love the American Heart Association Mission: Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Heart disease affects so many, I hope that we can raise awareness together with heart healthy recipes!
Did you know Fisher has 9 certified products by the American Heart Association? They are Fisher Pecan Halves, Pecan Chips, Pecan Chopped, Walnut Halves and Pieces, Walnut Chips, Chopped Walnuts, Whole Natural Almonds, Sliced Almonds and Slivered Almonds. Such great healthy snack options for you!
I used Fisher Pecan Halves as the base of the chicken tender coating. You are in for such a treat!
Place your pecans and parmesan cheese into a food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
Place into a bowl and add your bread crumbs and seasonings.
Press your chicken tenders into pecan mixture, coating each side generously.
Place coated chicken tenders into an olive oil drizzle hot skillet. Let cook and brown on both sides until cooked through. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces. They also are great sliced up over salad and pasta. Enjoy!
Parmesan Pecan Chicken Tenders
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup Fisher Pecan halves
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place pecans and Parmesan into a food processor. Pulse until well combined. Place into a large shallow dish and stir in bread crumbs, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Press chicken strips into pecan mixture, coating both sides. Place coated chicken strips into hot saute pan. Cook each side for about 3-5 minutes, until cooked through and browned. Remove strips from skillet and let cool on a baking rack or paper towel lined plate. Serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.