Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies
Nov 26, 2018 | Add A Comment
Sharing my Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies with you today! This is a fail-proof sugar cookie recipe and is absolutely delicious! Surprise your disney fan family and friends with these sweet treats!
So excited to share The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe with you today…and Mickey Mouse shaped! If you’ve got Disney-Fan family and friends, these are going to make them so happy! With a few tips and tricks, I’ll have you on your way to making your own adorable homemade Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies!
Be sure to follow Disney Hungry on Instagram for the BEST EATS at Disney Parks!
Where Can I Find Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutters?
The best place to find Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutters, I’ve found is searching Amazon. I have the metal set of 5 that fit inside of each other. They’re less than $10 and tons of fun to use for cookies.
How To Prepare Sugar Cookies
You’ll need a stand mixer with paddle attachment to start. See recipe below for full details. One big tip is, have your cream cheese and butter softened ahead of time. It’s no fun to have to wait for those to soften when you are ready to get started.
Follow recipe instructions to make dough then divide into two halves, shape into discs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before rolling.
When dough is chilled, roll onto a floured countertop, 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Use your Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter to cut cookie shapes.
I use a spatula to transfer the cookie cut outs carefully to the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until edges start to turn golden. Remove and let cool completely.
How To Prepare Sugar Cookie Icing
See my Sugar Cookie Icing post for more photos, it could not be more simple to prepare. Full instructions listed in recipe below as well.
Let your icing set up completely before serving or packaging for gifts. To be safe, give it 2 hours before packaging. Enjoy!
- 4 sticks butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Place butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese and beat another 2 minutes. Slowly add sugar, beating another 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add egg yolks one at a time then vanilla extract. Turn mixer off for a minute. Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Turn mixer back on low speed and add 1/3 of flour mixture beating until combined. Add the next 1/3 of flour mixture beating until combined, then the final 1/3 flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured counter top or on top of floured parchment paper. With floured hands, knead a few times folding dough in half then pressing and in half again. Divide dough into 2 equal parts forming discs. Wrap each disc with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours before using or freeze for 45 minutes-1 hour before using.
- When dough has been chilled, roll dough into 1/4-1/2 inch thick large round onto a lightly floured counter top. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cookie cutters to cut desired cookie shapes and transfer to baking sheets. Cookies can be close to each other. Very minimal spreading. Bake cookies for 15 minutes, until lightly golden on edges. Let cool completely before icing.
- To prepare icing place powdered sugar into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in milk until smooth then add corn syrup beating until smooth. Divide icing into bowls and add food coloring as desired. Dip or paint cookies with a brush. Let dry completely before packaging.
Pin Homemade Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies!