Sharing our favorite M and M cookies today! My Double Chocolate M and M Cookies Recipe are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion!
M and M Cookies
There’s nothing I love more than getting in the kitchen and baking up a new cookie. I thought why not make a fabulous chocolate cookie! Fudgy, chocolatey and down right fantastic. Get yourself in the kitchen and whip up a batch for yourself 🙂
Try my Perfect M and M Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make The Best M and M Cookies
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Your basic cookie ingredients along with cocoa powder and my favorite mini M and M’s!
I find my mini’s at Fry’s Marketplace in AZ. I know they can be tricky to find. You can certainly use regular size if you can’t find the minis.
Start by creaming your butter and sugars in your favorite stand mixer.
Vanilla and eggs up next.
Dry ingredients in the bowl!
My favorite ingredients 🙂 Right in the bowl.
This dough is pretty killer. Just a little nibble 🙂
Time to bake!
Little party cookies ready to be eaten.
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Double Chocolate M&M’s Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounce bag mini m and m’s
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla beating until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, m&m’s and white chips. Mix until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring.