Sharing our favorite M and M cookies today! My Double Chocolate M and M Cookies Recipe are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion!
M and M Cookies
There’s nothing I love more than getting in the kitchen and baking up a new cookie. I thought why not make a fabulous chocolate cookie! Fudgy, chocolatey and down right fantastic. Get yourself in the kitchen and whip up a batch for yourself 🙂
Try my Perfect M and M Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make The Best M and M Cookies
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Your basic cookie ingredients along with cocoa powder and my favorite mini M and M’s!
I find my mini’s at Fry’s Marketplace in AZ. I know they can be tricky to find. You can certainly use regular size if you can’t find the minis.
Start by creaming your butter and sugars in your favorite stand mixer.
Vanilla and eggs up next.
Dry ingredients in the bowl!
My favorite ingredients 🙂 Right in the bowl.
This dough is pretty killer. Just a little nibble 🙂
Time to bake!
Little party cookies ready to be eaten.
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Double Chocolate M&M’s Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounce bag mini m and m’s
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla beating until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, m&m’s and white chips. Mix until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring.
I really enjoyed your Double Chocolate M&M Cookie recipe. I was just wondering if you have come across a recipe, besides cookies. That has caramel M&M’s. I absolutely Love them!! I get a small bag almost every time I’m in the Grocery store!? If u every co!e across one. I’d love to try it. Love ur recipe’s. Thanks so much!
I want to make these tonight but don’t have a cookie scoop! What would be an equivalent size?
You have so many amazing dessert recipes that I dont know where to start! You are so creative. I think I’ll try these double chocolate m&m cookies. The thing is that when I try someones cookie recipe at another website where they “rave” about how good they are well, after making them they end up in the dumpster. I mean I could play hockey with them! They literally could break my teeth and I want my teeth ha! Can I not judge a good recipe by reading it? Ive been a good baker all my life but I guess trial and error is part of the baking world. So I continue digging for someone who actually knows how to bake and put recipes together and Im gona make your cookies!
I would like to make them but, why u’re not using the “pudding powder” in this receipe too???
Your style is so unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
I appreciate you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess
I will just book mark this site.
My favorite kind of cookies!
You are killing me. The doctor says no chocolate, and now no dairy for three weeks. I L-O-V-E chocolate and miss the dairy. Those cookies look s-o-o-o-o good.
I made these tonight, but used Cup4Cup gluten free flour and the cookies are amazing!!! It’s a fabulous recipe
Oh yum! I have an M&M cookie recipe going up next week…yours look amazing! I am addicted to those mini M&Ms!!
AWESOME looking cookies Jenny!!
MMMmmm YUM! There is absolutely no such thing as too much chocolate. Looks and sounds ah-mazing!
I agree Casey 🙂
these look like my kind of cookie! yum!!
Oooooh these look yummy!
Simple and chocolately. I”m sold!
Me too Melanie 🙂 xo
Your original M&M cookies are my and my family’s favorite! I will be sure to make these! FYI, Winco sells the mini M&M’s in bulk..I found them at the store by the SanTan mall 🙂
Awesome! Glad there are other places to find them!! I used to go to San Tan Mall all of the time when I lived in Gilbert 🙂
Really?!!? I’m going to have to check on that when I go to Winco next time! They have a new one in Surprise!
Wednesday calls for cookies! Love the double chocolate!
I agree Lauren 🙂 xo
So incredibly delicious, I need these now!
These look like chocolate heaven!
Okay it is 7 o clock in the morning and I am already debating on how I can get away with making and eating these for breakfast! So yummy. You post the best recipes ever! YUM!!!
Thanks so much Rachel! xo
My kind of cookie!
That dough looks incredible! Now I’m craving chocolate. 😉
I love this fudge version of yours!
I love mini M&M’s and I had no clue you could buy them in a bag like that. Totally keeping my eyes out for some the next time I go to the store! These cookies have all my favorite things and they look great! Pinned:)
Hope you can find them soon Chelsea!!
Chocolate cookies.. irresistible and addictive 😀