Get ready for the BEST Egg Bites Recipe! For years I’ve enjoyed the Bacon Gruyere Egg Bites from Starbucks and I’ve finally got the perfect copycat recipe to make at home!
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
If you’re like me, you love ordering those tasty little egg bites from Starbucks. They have a delicious custard-like consistency that I was determined to re-create at home. With just a few ingredients and a blender, you are on your way to making egg bites at home!
What You’ll Need To Make Egg Bites
Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make these egg bites. See recipe card at the bottom of the post for full details.
- eggs– For consistency, I always use large eggs for my cooking and baking.
- cottage cheese– Look for the 4% milkfat small curd cottage cheese.
- gruyere cheese– I found some Gruyere cheese that was already shredded. You can also find it in a block form and shred yourself. This is the kind of cheese Starbucks uses in their egg bites.
- cheddar cheese– I added a little cheddar cheese to my bites as well. You can use all Gruyere if you’d like.
- hot sauce– Cholula is our favorite hot sauce for eggs. Tobasco or Tapatio works good too.
- kosher salt– Kosher salt is a coarse salt commonly used in cooking.
- freshly ground black pepper– For best tasting results use freshly ground black pepper.
- cornstarch– Cornstarch protects the egg bites from overcooking and turning rubbery. This is a very important ingredient for keeping that nice custard like consistency.
- bacon– I used the ready to eat bacon that you just pop in the microwave. You can brown your own fresh bacon as well.
- parmesan cheese– I added some grated Parmesan Cheese to the tops of the egg bites before baking them. The perfect savory little bite.
How To Make Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
- Prepare Steam Bath. Place a medium sized baking dish filled 1/2 full of water into the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare Muffin Tin. Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Blend Egg Mixture. Place eggs, cottage cheese, cheeses, hot sauce, salt, pepper and cornstarch into the blender. Blend on high speed for a good minute, until well combined and smooth.
4. Pour Eggs Into Muffin Tin. Pour egg mixture into a 12 cup muffin tin lightly sprayed with cooking spray. 3/4 Full works great.
5. Top With Bacon. Top each muffin cup with cooked crumbled bacon and then I sprinkle with just a little Parmesan Cheese.
6. Bake. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 23-25 minutes.
Recipe Tips For Success
- Fill a medium size baking dish 1/2 full of water and place in bottom rack of oven. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. I prepare the recipe while the oven is preheating. The water in the dish provides a steam-like environment to keep that nice custard consistency you get with the Starbucks Egg Bites.
- Be careful when removing egg bites from muffin tins. They are tender. I used a plastic knife to loosen edges and carfully lift/tilt out of the cups.
- Have fun with additional add-ins. You can add finely chopped sauteed vegetables such as onion, peppers, mushrooms, sausage, and even other cheeses. Lots of options to play with. I would suggest sauteeing and cooling your vegetables before adding them to the egg mixture.
How To Serve
Serve the egg bites warm on individual plates. They are great for brunch, quick breakfasts to go and weekend entertaining. Pair with fresh fruit, my favorite pancakes, my favorite waffles, scones and any other breakfast food you’d like.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover egg bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat as needed.
You Might Also Like
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
- large 12 count muffin tin
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 slices cooked crisp bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place a medium sized baking dish filled 1/2 full of water into the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place eggs, cottage cheese, cheeses, hot sauce, salt, pepper and cornstarch into the blender. Blend on high speed for a good minute, until well combined and smooth.
- Slowly and carefully pour egg mixture into the muffin cups, filling 3/4 way full.
- Crumble bacon pieces and evenly place on top of egg mixture. If you’d like, take a knife and swirl the bacon around otherwise bacon will just be on top of bites. I don’t mind it this way. Sprinkle each egg cup with Parmesan Cheese and bake for 23-25 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Serve warm.