Happy April 1st! No tricks today, April Fools totally snuck up on me this year!
I don’t know about you guys, but we seem to have tacos on a regular basis in our home. They are easy and the kids (and husband) love them. I have created a simple homemade taco seasoned and lime grilled chicken that is thinly sliced and mouthwatering inside tacos. You can either marinate the chicken or grill it immediately, whatever you’ve got the time for.
I use an inside stove top grill pan so I can grill all year round. Do you have one? I use mine all the time especially since I don’t have an outdoor grill at the moment. They are great for grilling chicken and I even throw burgers on it. The one I use is HERE. Check your local TJ Maxx Home Goods, I have seen them there on a number of occasions for much less expensive.
Let’s take a look at how simple you can make your own restaurant style grilled chicken for tacos.
Here’s my simple taco seasonings: ground cumin, salt, pepper, garlic salt and smoked paprika. Regular paprika works too. Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of your chicken.
The limes match my green mixer! Slice your lime and get ready to squeeeeeze 🙂
Thank you hubby for being my lime squeezer.
Place your chicken breasts onto a hot grill pan (or outside grill).
After about 5-6 minutes, flip those babies and grill the other side.
After your chicken has rested about 10 minutes take a nice sharp long knife and thinly slice each breast like so.
Grilled Taco and Lime Chicken For Tacos
Squeeze the second lime over the sliced chicken and serve inside tacos.
I like to pan fry my white corn tortillas in just a touch of canola or vegetable oil to soften them. I placed chicken slices inside and topped with avocado slices, tomatoes, thinly sliced spinach and a touch of my salsa ranch sauce. Enjoy!
Grilled Taco and Lime Chicken for Tacos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular paprika works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-4 medium to large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, split
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place cumin, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic salt into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken breast into a large bowl or large ziploc bag. Pour seasonings over chicken then squeeze the juice of one whole lime over chicken and seasonings. Stir chicken around with seasonings and lime. You can marinate up 1-5 hours if desired. Can be grilled immediately as well.
- Spray grill lightly with cooking spray then carefully place chicken onto grill. Let grill 5-6 minutes each side, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a large plate and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice chicken and squeeze with juice of last lime over tops. Thinly sliced chicken goes great inside tacos. Top with your favorite toppings.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Note: Creamy sauce shown in photograph is equal parts prepared Ranch Dressing and mild salsa
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.