I LOVE egg dishes, it’s as if I could eat them morning, noon and night. There are so many nights when I don’t know what I am making for dinner that we’ll break out the eggs and whip up a delicious meal. Love it!
I decided to go with ham and cheddar for my frittata with some sauteed sweet peppers, onion and parsley on top. When I tell you this is tasty, believe me 🙂
Hope you enjoy!
Pretty basic line up of ingredients for this one 🙂
Saute your onions then add in your sweet peppers.
Stir in your ham and give this a sniff….it’s incredible 🙂
Crack 6 large lovely eggs….
Sprinkle with salt…
….a little pepper
….and a splash of milk 🙂
Give a nice whisk and pour into your hot skillet with the ham and peppers.
Sprinkle with some shredded cheddar and now it’s ready to go under the broiler.
Make sure your skillet is oven proof before heading to the broiler 🙂
How fun is this? I love how the edges puff. When you remove the skillet from the oven, watch as they fall right back to normal 🙂
If you are like me, then you’ll break out the hot sauce and a nice glass of OJ 🙂
Ham and Cheddar Frittata with Peppers and Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped Smithfield Ham (leftover from the holidays works great)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven’s broiler.
- In a 8 inch skillet sprayed with cooking spray heat oil over medium heat. When hot, saute onions and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add ham and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, salt, pepper and milk until well combined. Pour into hot skillet and top with parsley. Cook for 3-5 minutes pushing sides down with a rubber spatula.
- Top with cheese then place under oven’s broiler. Watch carefully; broil for 3-5 minutes or until golden and puffed around edges.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.