The best ultra fudgy dark chocolate brownies made extra moist with mascarpone cheese. Topped with irresistible warm blueberry ganache! This is a brownie recipe worth celebrating.
Ok, I’m a total geek, now I’m celebrating my post’s.
If you need a chocolate fix, these should do the trick! Another heavenly recipe, I tweeked from a 1993 Cookworks show on Food Network. I remember watching and really learning from Cookworks, they have since cut it from Food Networks weekly line up. Too bad.
I’m always looking for ways to make things a little easier in recipes that I try from various cookbooks/shows, so instead of using blocks of chocolate, (which I rarely have around), I used good quality chocolate chips, like Ghiradelli. I also had some frozen blueberries in the freezer that I wanted to use. I love chocolate covered blueberries, so I thought, why not use it in the ganache?! It is serioulsy spoon licking delicious! Just a hint of blueberry, a great combo with chocolate.
These fudgy chocolate brownies are rich, buttery, chocolaty and ultra fudgy. I can’t wait to have one of these tonight with a tall glass of milk, yum!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies With Blueberry Ganache
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips the best quality you can find
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Blueberry Ganache:
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp salted butter
How to Make the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter an 9 x 13-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and bring it to just below a boil.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Pour in the hot butter and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
- Sift in the sugar and cocoa powder. Beat in the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread the warm ganache over the brownies. Allow the ganache to set completely before cutting into squares.
How to Make the Blueberry Chocolate Ganache:
- Place the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture becomes sauce like and bubbly. Pour into a sieve or strainer that is placed over a bowl to catch blueberry liquid. Discard remaining blueberries. Pour blueberry liquid over chocolate chips.
- Bring the cream and butter to just below boiling point in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- The ganache should be used for spreading while warm.