Good Wednesday everyone! We are enjoying a nice couple days in AZ this week while my boys are on Spring Break. It’s always nice to be back home. My hubby also got his braces off yesterday. Woo Hoo! He looks great.
Here is a great little muffin that has so many incredible tastes going on. The peanut butter and banana combination is an obvious favorite and the blackberries give them that slight peanut butter and jelly flavor. The kids devoured these. I used cute little silicone heart shaped molds I found at William Sonoma a couple years ago on clearance for a buck (love when I find great deals), but any cupcake pan will work just as nice. Hope you all enjoy, don’t forget the glaze!
Glazed Peanut Butter, Banana and Blackberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond granola
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 6 oz fresh blackberries halved
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place both flours, granola, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the banana, peanut butter, buttermilk and butter until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Slowly stir in halved blackberries.
- Spoon batter into greased cupcake cups filled 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Dip each muffin top into glaze and let dry.