My Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins are full of chocolate and zucchini that make a delicious treat.
You guys…..these muffins are crazy ridiculous and they have shredded zucchini inside, so the more muffins the merrier right? Lol! Fudgy, soft, packed with lots of shredded zucchini and so simple to prepare!
You’ll just need a large mixing bowl and spoon to get started. Enjoy!
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Nice and simple. Use a food processor or cheese grater to shred your zucchini. I also used the bloc of chocolate from Trader Joe’s and cut it into small chunks.
Start by creaming your butter and sugar then stir in the sour cream.
Stir in your egg and vanilla.
Zucchini time 🙂
Add your dry ingredients and cocoa powder.
Add those chocolate chunks.
It’s a beautiful sight isn’t it?
Fill your muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter.
Ready for the oven!
Drizzle with a little melted chocolate and prepare yourself for deliciousness!
Be sure to try these warm! Heaven!
Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with foil liners.
- Place butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl, cream until well combined. Add sour cream, vanilla and egg, stirring to combine. Stir in shredded zucchini then stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chunks. Once combined, fill muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in heat proof bowl and microwave for 60 seconds or until melted when stirred. Drizzle over muffins and serve.
Makes 18 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.