Sharing our favorite zucchini muffins today! My Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins are full of chocolate and zucchini that make a delicious treat.
You guys…..these zucchini muffins are crazy ridiculous and they have shredded zucchini inside, so the more muffins the merrier right? Lol! Fudgy, soft, packed with lots of shredded zucchini and so simple to prepare! You’ll just need a large mixing bowl and spoon to get started. Enjoy!
Try my Apple Spice Carrot Muffins too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Nice and simple. Use a food processor or cheese grater to shred your zucchini. I also used the bloc of chocolate from Trader Joe’s and cut it into small chunks.
Start by creaming your butter and sugar then stir in the sour cream.
Stir in your egg and vanilla.
Zucchini time 🙂
Add your dry ingredients and cocoa powder.
Add those chocolate chunks.
It’s a beautiful sight isn’t it?
Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Fill your muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter.
Ready for the oven!
Drizzle with a little melted chocolate and prepare yourself for deliciousness!
Be sure to try these warm! Heaven!
Tips For Making The BEST Muffins
- Start with ingredients at room temperature, eggs, milk, etc.
- Don’t over mix the batter.
- Use fresh ingredients and spices.
- Grease the entire muffin tin well.
- Fill muffin tins three-quarters full..
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing them from tin.
What’s The Best Way To Store Muffins?
- Similar to any other types of bread, muffins should be placed into an airtight plastic bag or an airtight container. Properly wrapped muffins will keep stay fresh for 3-4 days at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Muffins?
- If wrapped well in an airtight container, frozen muffins will keep well for up to 3 months. NOTE: To prevent condensation on the muffin tops, be sure that muffins are completely cool before freezing.
Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with foil liners.
- Place butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl, cream until well combined. Add sour cream, vanilla and egg, stirring to combine. Stir in shredded zucchini then stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chunks. Once combined, fill muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in heat proof bowl and microwave for 60 seconds or until melted when stirred. Drizzle over muffins and serve.