Delicious and hearty Chicken and Rice Soup with a special secret ingredient – ranch seasoning! You and the family will love this easy homemade soup recipe choc full of cozy flavors.
Good Monday morning!
I know it’s not typically soup time, but I’m a soup fan all year round. There is seriously nothing like a warm bowl of soup to make you feel better. I love this recipe, it has all those comforting ingredients and I added some Ranch seasoning that really makes this soup extra delish!
Everyone’s kids out for summer break? We’ve got a little over 2 weeks to go, I’m getting plans set for summer. Looking forward to hanging at the beach…..A LOT!!
Hope you all enjoy a nice bowl of soup…..even if it’s boiling hot outside lol!
Break out your fresh carrots….
Add your shredded chicken….
….and rice 🙂
Pour in your chicken broth….
Season with Ranch seasoning…
….and a little salt and pepper
Now, it’s time to eat 🙂
Homemade Ranch Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dry rice steamed (comes to approx. 3 cups cooked)
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Heat oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- When hot, saute onion, carrots and celery for 7-10 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken breast and rice then pour in chicken broth.
- Stir, then season with ranch seasoning, salt, pepper and add in Dijon and hot sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until serving. Taste and season accordingly.