I am thrilled to share with you a new cookbook today by my friend Carrie Vitt titled Deliciously Organic. Carrie’s recipes are beautiful, healthy and simple to prepare. Do yourself a favor and pick yourself up a copy today!
I chose to try Carrie’s Hot Chocolate with Maple Marshmallows. How good does that sound? The maple marshmallows are light, fluffy and made completely with real maple syrup. My boys loved it! Take a peek at the recipe and give it a try 🙂
I love how there are only a few ingredients here and they really are a breeze to whip up.
Carrie’s homemade hot chocolate is incredible 🙂
Hot Chocolate with Maple Marshmallows
- 4 cups whole raw milk
- 5 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 5 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (Carrie has a homemade recipe on pg 212)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Continue to whisk to dissolve cacao into milk (this will take a minute or two).
- Warm until steaming, stirring frequently.
- Pour into mugs and serve with maple marshmallows.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 Cup water in a bowl of a standing mixer with whisk attatched. Set aside for 5 minutes so the gelatin can soften and bloom.
- Lightly oil a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gently simmer until syrup reaches 240 degrees F.
- With mixer on medium speed, very slowly add maple syrup to gelatin and water in mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and turn mixer on high for 10 minutes until liquid had doubled and becomes light and fluffy. Pour into dish and let sit overnight.
- The next day, flip the marshmallows onto a greased cutting board. Cut marshmallows using a knife dipped in hot water to prevent sticking. Or use cookie cutters you have dipped in a little oil.
Have a wonderful new week! See you soon 🙂