Soft and tender chocolate chip cookie filling folded in flaky, buttery pie crusts for an easy sweet treat! Serve these mini dessert hand pies warm from the oven topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Good Monday morning everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Busy busy over here, but nice. Here we are another Monday. Well, take a look at these little hand pies to brighten up any Monday morning blues. They are hot and fresh out of the oven, flaky, sweet and delish!
So basically, you take your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough and place it into pie crust circles, fold over and bake. The outcome is a fun sinful mini hand pie with a chocolate chip cookie center. I will suggest you eat these babies warm out of the oven, absolutely scrumptious this way. I’d even say top these mini pies with vanilla ice cream for an extra sweet treat.
Not sure what my deal is with all these cookies lately. Not doing a thing to help my waistline that’s for sure! Hope you all enjoy!
Step one, place cookie dough into cute little pie crust circles…
Next, carefully fold pie crust over dough, press edges with a fork…then time to bake!
Out comes a sweet ultra flaky cookie pie that is oh so fabulous!
Mmmm! My Chocolate Chunk Butterscotch Cookie recipe coming soon, stay tuned…
Happy Baking! Have a great week!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Hand Pies
- 1 can frozen pie crust thawed and cut into 12 x 2 1/2 inch circles (I used a cup to press out all the circles)
- 8 oz cookie dough (one batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe)
- 1 egg white + 1 tsp water
- 3 tbsp Turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all 12 pie crust circles onto a baking sheet. With a small cookie scoop, place a heaping teaspoon of cookie dough into the center of each pie round.
- Press the cookie dough down slightly without touching edges of pie crust. DO NOT overfill each pie; if too full the dough breaks through the pie as it expands.
- Dip your finger in water and brush bottom 1/2 of the pie crust edge with water and fold top crust over to seal. Using fork tines, press to seal around edges. Continue until all crusts are sealed.
- Poke each little pie on top once or twice for steam holes. Lightly brush each pie with egg white whisked with a teaspoon of water then sprinkle the pie tops with turbinado sugar (normal sugar is also fine).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until pie crust is just barely golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with ice cream if desired. These are best served warm from the oven!