Meet my Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookie-wiches! Aren’t they the cutest little things?
I had to run across the street to our local Gelson’s market last week when I ran out of butter (who does that?) and as I was waiting behind the slowest customer in the entire store when my eyes glanced over to the beautiful cheese display to my right. It was then when I saw these adorable little “Petits Toasts” right above the cheeses. I quickly snatched a package before my turn to check out. I had a zillion things in mind that I could do with these cute little toasts.
When the boys had a friend over a couple days ago I told them I’d make them some warm cookies for a snack. I took my cookie dough out from the fridge then saw my little toasts in the pantry and the light bulb went off. I was so excited to see how these would turn out and let me tell you it’s all GOOD! The toasts are not too crunchy, but just enough. You are going to love these….and so will everyone else! Here’s a picture of the package below.
Here’s the cute package of Imported Petits Toasts. I would first check your nicer grocery stores in the cheese section, then look in the cracker section. IF you can’t find them in your stores, I found them on Amazon for $2.99
Y’all ready for the extreme difficulty of this recipe? Ok, brace yourselves….place your mini toasts onto a baking sheet then place 1 teaspoon of cookie dough over top and bake for 9 minutes. Phew, that was tough! lol.
Here they are baking. Now, I will say you will want to use a chilled cookie dough that has a good amount of flour. I will give you my cookie recipe that I used below. It didn’t ooze over the sides of the toasts at all and still tasted delish. I use this cookie recipe all the time.
Right after you take the toast/cookies out of the oven, quickly get the other toasts to gently press over top while cookies are warm so the top toast sticks after they cool.
I melted some good chocolate, drizzled it over the tops and viola! Here you have the cutest little cookie-wiches you ever did see 🙂 Enjoy!
Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookie-wiches
- 1 package Imported Petits Toasts
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (This Recipe worked great, stayed on top of toasts nicely when baked)
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips I used semi-sweet
- Cream your butter and sugars in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips. Beat on very low until just combined.
- Transfer dough to a tupperware/bowl with lid and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place mini toasts onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon of chilled cookie dough balls over top of toasts and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press more toasts over top of hot cookies. Don’t press too hard or cookies will just oooze all over the place!!
- Melt chocolate, spoon inside a corner of a ziplock, snip a tiny edge and drizzle chocolate over top of toasts. Let chocolate harden…or don’t 🙂 Serve and enjoy!
**One of my blogging friends Erica of Ivory Hut had a tragedy happen a couple nights ago. Her entire house burned down. Her and her family barely made it out alive. Read about her story HERE and find out how to donate to her sweet family if you can. Thanks!**
Have a great rest of your week and weekend! See y’all soon 🙂