Sharing my Kitchen Sink Skillet with you today that makes the PERFECT Skillet Cookie to share with family and friends! Baking cookies has never been more fun!
Baking Skillet Cookies is one of my favorite ways to make cookies with a small group. You get to all grab a spoon and dig in together around the kitchen table. Perfect for your upcoming parties! Get your favorite friends together and have a fun skillet cookie party!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
What Kind of Skillet Should I Use For Skillet Cookies?
I prefer to use cast iron skillets for my skillet cookies, but any skillet with a heat-proof handle works great! Since it’s baked in the oven, the handle needs to be metal, not plastic.
Can you practically taste the dough?! So good!
What Does “Kitchen Sink” Cookies Mean?
When you hear “kitchen sink” cookies, it refers to the saying, Everything but the kitchen sink! This means, just about everything is included in this cookie dough. So many great ingredients!
How Should I Serve Skillet Cookies?
Serve your skillet cookies right out of the skillet making sure your guests know the skillet is hot. Make sure you wrap the handle with a towel to ensure no one accidentally touches it. Top your skillet cookies with vanilla ice cream and even drizzle with chocolate sauce and warm caramel! Doesn’t get better than that!
What Else Can I Add To My Kitchen Sink Cookie Dough?
One of my favorite things about baking cookies, is you can personalize them to all of your favorite things! If you like certain nuts or candy bars, chop them up and add them to your skillet cookie. Just about anything goes. Enjoy!
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray an 8-10 inch oven proof skillet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Stir in chips, marshmallows pecans and coconut stirring until just combined. Press into skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and baked through. Remove and serve warm, top with ice cream if desired.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Albertsons Company and O Organics October 2014. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Kitchen Sink Skillet Cookie