Sharing how we make Mickey Mouse Pancakes! So fun to bring some Disney Magic home 🙂 Use your favorite toppings to decorate!
We make Mickey Pancakes all year round at our home. They could not be more simple to prepare! Use a spoon to shape the face and EARS. Might take a little practice, but you’ll be surprised how simple it is. Use your favorite fruit or candies to decorate Mickey’s face. Let the kids have fun!
How To Prepare Mickey Mouse Pancakes
Start by placing your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Wet ingredients up next! Stir until well combined. Preheat your skillet over medium-low heat. When hot spoon your pancake batter into the hot pan shaping first the face circle then small ear circles. Let the first side cook for a minute or so. Pancake batter will start to form tiny bubbles on top. Use a spatula to carefully flip pancake and cook the other side.
Transfer your pancakes to serving plates. I topped ours with chocolate chips, a white chocolate wafer for the nose and whipped cream on the ears. Get creative with other fruit, nuts and candies. The kids love this fun breakfast. Use a pure maple syrup or my buttermilk syrup that tastes like liquid candy. Recipe listed below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 white chocolate melting wafers I use ghirardelli
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 strawberries
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Place flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, egg and canola oil into a large mixing bowl, mix until combined.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium low heat. When hot spoon pancake batter first into a round in the middle, then spoon two small amounts of batter to make the ears. Use spoon to shape into rounds. When batter starts to bubble, carefully flip Mickey pancake. Cook on second side until puffed and cooked through, about 60 seconds. Transfer to serving plate and decorate eyes and smile with chocolate chips. Use white chocolate wafer for nose and put whipped cream on top of ears. Garnish plate with a strawberry.
- To make buttermilk syrup place butter, sugar and buttermilk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and let cook and melt until bubbly. When low boil happens, reduce heat to low and add baking soda and vanilla, stirring to combine. Syrup will foam up at first then it will go down as it cools. Drizzle syrup over pancakes and enjoy!
Pin Mickey Mouse Pancakes
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.