These Pan Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs are flavor packed with amazing garlic lemon and herbs. This dinner is so picturesque and even more tasty!
My Pan Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs recipe is about to be a regular Sunday dinner in your home!
I’ve got an epic family dinner recipe for you today! So simple to prepare and packed with great flavor. We had this for Sunday dinner and I’ll be making it again very soon. Enjoy friends!
Can I Use Other Chicken Parts?
You can use chicken breast or even chicken tenders for my Pan Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs. Adjust the cook time accordingly.
I used chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, technically you can use whatever chicken parts you’d like, just adjust the cooking time according to what you choose. Breasts would take longer, tenderloins less. You get the idea.
Why Should I Use Chicken Thighs?
Chicken thighs are a great substitute for chicken breast. You can grill and sauté them just like breasts, but they really shine in stews and braises, where long, moist cooking can easily overcook and toughen chicken breast meat. Chicken thighs have nice sections of easily accessible, tender meat.
When the oil is hot, saute minced garlic for just a few seconds before you add the chicken thighs.
Place about 5 chicken thighs per large skillet and let cook for 10 minutes then cover with lid for another 20 minutes. Add baby red potatoes to the open spaces.
Remove lid and squeeze lemon juice over chicken and potatoes then top with lemon slices and chopped parsley. Cover lid and bake for another 20-30 minutes before serving.
Serve with crusty bread and a nice green salad.
Tips For Making The Best Chicken Thighs
*This recipe makes a beautiful Sunday Dinner. Serve straight from roasting pan.
*Feel free to substitute chicken breasts or chicken tenders for the thighs if desired. Adjust cook time when needed.
*Add baby carrots and cut celery to pot for more vegetables if desired.
*Serve with a chef salad and crusty bread.
Pan Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5-10 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pound baby red potatoes tiny tiny ones
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5-10 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in 2 large skillets over medium heat.
- Season thighs with salt and pepper. Add garlic to oil and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken and let cook for 10 minutes. Cover with lid and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove lid and add baby potatoes to open spaces. Squeeze tops of chicken and potatoes with lemon juice. Close with lid and bake for 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with crusty bread and a green salad.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
I am a bit confused as to why you say to use 2 skillets? It looks as though the thighs will all fit into one skillet and no mention is made of the 2nd one in the directions. Recipe looks good.