Sharing my favorite banana bread recipe today! This Peanut Butter Oreo Banana Bread is such a treat not to be missed! Next time you have ripe bananas, be sure to try this one!
Best Banana Bread
My Peanut Butter Oreo Banana Bread Recipe is about to become your new favorite! Banana bread is such a treat to have to munch on. This dessert style banana bread is packed with Oreo Cookie Chunks and peanut butter swirls. Talk about my favorite flavors ever! When you stir in your peanut butter, make sure to gently fold it in, that way you get those gorgeous swirls throughout.
Hope you enjoy.
What Kind Of Pan Should I Use?
Use either a glass or metal loaf pan/bread pan. There are a few different sizes to choose from. I like to get a medium size. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper like I’ve done today or spray pan generously with cooking spray.
This recipe could not be more simple to prepare! In just minutes it’s ready to be put into the oven. Definitely the hardest part is waiting for the bread to cool. Right?
Break out your Oreo Cookies, you’ll need about 6 full cookies for this loaf. Coarsely crush each cookie so you have bite size pieces throughout the bread.
Be sure to try your bread chilled in the refrigerator. Oh my goodness, sinful. Enjoy friends!
Store your leftover banana bread in an airtight container. I like to keep it chilled in the refrigerator and enjoy with a glass of milk.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softenend
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Oreo Cookies crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugar into medium bowl and stir until combined. Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter, mixing until well combined. Add buttermilk, bananas, flour, baking soda, salt and Oreo Cookies. Stir to combine and transfer to prepared bread pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely before slicing.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.