This Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect for busy weeknights. Simple to prepare and full of great flavor!
There’s nothing like a warm bowl of soup simmering on the stove ready for dinner. I’m kind of in love with this new soup I developed last week. It’s got so much flavor you won’t believe how little time it takes to prepare. Weeknight dinners can be so stressful, which is why I love new fast soup recipes!
You’ve got a few options depending on how much time you have. I used the Costo canned chicken this time, you can bake your own chicken or even shred a rotisserie chicken.
You can even look for pre-chopped vegetables. I can find mine at Trader Joe’s but have seen them at the regular grocery store as well. Makes for a speedy soup!
Gorgeous chopped veggies ready for the soup.
Saute those veggies. Once they are softened, add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer until ready to serve. Mmm!
I love using the Ditalini pasta. You can also use spaghetti noodles or any other small pasta you prefer. Enjoy!
Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced mild green pepper
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz jar prepared pesto
- 4 cups cooked ditalini pasta or other small pasta of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place oil in large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and celery until softened about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in cooked chicken, chicken broth, pesto, cooked pasta, garlic salt and pepper. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
Makes 8 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.