Sharing a favorite chicken noodle soup recipe today! This Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect for busy weeknights and lazy sick days. It’s so simple to prepare and full of amazing flavors!
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
There’s nothing like a warm bowl of soup simmering on the stove ready for dinner. I’m kind of in love with this new soup I developed last week. It’s got so much flavor you won’t believe how little time it takes to prepare. Weeknight dinners can be so stressful, which is why I love new fast soup recipes! You’ve got a few options depending on how much time you have. I used the Costo canned chicken this time, you can bake your own chicken or even shred a rotisserie chicken.You can even look for pre-chopped vegetables. I can find mine at Trader Joe’s but have seen them at the regular grocery store as well. Makes for a speedy soup!
Gorgeous chopped veggies ready for the soup.
How to Make the Best Homemade Soup Ever
Saute the veggies. Once they are softened, add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer until ready to serve. Mmm!
I love using the Ditalini pasta. You can also use spaghetti noodles or any other small pasta you prefer. Enjoy!
Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup
- Stove or Dutch Oven
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced mild green pepper
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz prepared pesto
- 4 cups cooked pasta ditalini or small noodles of choice
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place oil in large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and celery until softened about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in cooked chicken, chicken broth, pesto, cooked pasta, garlic salt and pepper. Simmer on low until ready to serve.